Regional Vice President for Life Sales is the central resource and relationship manager for their assigned territory.
Reporting to the Divisional Vice President of Insured Solutions Group, this position's primary focus is on promoting life insurance products to VALIC Financial Advisors through wholesale and point of sale efforts. This includes product positioning, marketing strategies, training, planning, research and problem solving.
Major Job Responsibilities/Duties
- The RVP is responsible for developing regional business plans that achieve and exceed sales targets for their assigned territory.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with the VALIC Financial Advisors, their DVP's and RVP's in order to achieve sales targets.
- Partners closely with assigned Internal Wholesaler and Strategic Account Managers in order to advance sales within region.
- Continuously analyzes territories to assess market changes or trends, personnel changes or relationship needs, and revises business plan (visits, trainings, etc) accordingly.
- Proactively set own sales meetings and prepares agendas in advance (going in with a purpose). Afterwards, summarizes next steps and follows through on commitments.
- Keeps an ethical and compliant region based on company and regulatory standards.
- Operates the region on a cost effective basis within budget as determined by the
- Leads training, conference calls, webcasts, 1:1 face to meetings and point of sale client meetings.
- Serves as the initial contact for problem resolution. Researches and/or elevates issues to solve problems.
- Reports sales activity and production into Salesforce as required.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge on industry trends, UW regulations, advanced marketing concepts and company products.
- Maintains successful relationships with internal clients including but not limited to Marketing, Compliance, Underwriting and Operations.
- Leverages the Company's expertise by working effectively with areas such as Product Development, Competition & Research, Advanced Sales, etc.
- Ability to manage a large geographical territory
- Expert knowledge of Life Insurance, Life and Annuity products and familiarity with Advanced Sales concepts.
- Minimum 5 years in point of sale or retail sales within life insurance business.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must be able to apply sound discretion and judgment abilities.
- Strong listening skills required.
- Requires a demonstrated record of initiative, leadership, problem-solving and adaptability
- Excellent public speaking with the ability to plan, organize, develop and deliver effective presentations to a targeted audience with 5 + years of life insurance products.
- Ability to travel throughout territory (Travel will exceed 50%).
- FINRA Series 6, 63 and state life and health licenses.