The Regional Vice President leads the daily operations of 8-10 districts (approximately 75-115 clubs). The role includes leading and managing a team of direct reports consisting of District Managers and an Admin Assistant. The RVP reports into the SVP, Club Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES Estimated % of Time Spent
Lead Regional Team
Set team and individual goals, monitor progress and provide guidance to ensure that operational objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for leading company standards and delivering the 24 Hour Fitness Service Promise Commitments
- Ensure that District Managers create and maintain a service culture at all clubs within the district
- Set operational goals and priorities for District Managers and is responsible for attainment of area business targets (e.g. revenue, profit, turnover and retention)
- Hire and develop a highly functioning team of District Managers, with particular focus on building a deep bench of future talent at all levels within the region
- Provide guidance on the company operating budget and approves discretionary expenditures (within set guidelines) for all districts within the district
- Provide consistent leadership, guidance, and accountability for direct reports through training, coaching, planning sessions and performance reviews. Recognize good performance and take appropriate corrective measures when necessary
- Communicate priorities and equip the team to achieve results with a focus on member service and team satisfaction
- Provide guidance to District Managers on localized tactics to deliver on agreed upon performance goals and on implementation of corporate and divisional programs
- Provide support and oversight to new or relocation club activities including staffing, training and promotions
- Resolve the most difficult escalated member concerns that are outside of the authority of District Managers to solve 40%
Inspiring and Leading Change
Communicate, lead by example, and motivate the team to understand, develop passion and implement a culture that reflects the company brand, values, and strategy. To achieve this objective, the RVP will:
- Be visible within the area clubs and set the example for providing member and team member satisfaction
- Inspire and lead teams to implement and deliver on member and team member initiatives
- Ensure that 24 Hour Fitness culture of enhanced member experience and team member satisfaction are embedded and a focus of team members of each club. 40%
Participate and provide input into the development of the area P&L and operating plan. To achieve this objective, the RVP will:
- Work with the District Managers to ensure that they proactively develop thorough business plans. Ensure that the plans are executed with recurring performance checkpoints
- Establish priorities and goals, including revenue targets for membership, fitness & labor for District Managers
- Identify, plan and execute club improvements within the area
- Review allocated club and district budgets with District Managers in order to receive feedback and recommended changes and suggestions 20%
The RVP role has regular and on-going interaction with internal and external stakeholders. Internal stakeholders include other functional leaders (e.g. Executive Leadership, Finance, Operations, Information Technology, Fitness, Operations, Legal, Marketing, IT and HR) and Field and above club leadership. This position works collaboratively with club team members, field leadership, corporate business units, outside vendors, and fitness organizations in the overall execution of the company's strategy around Fitness, GX and Corporate Sales. The position will directly manage District Managers and an Admin Assistant, and partner with Facilities, Group X, and Fitness field leaders.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to lead, develop and inspire a high performing team
- Ability to positively interact with and inspire all levels of team members with a focus on driving engagement
- Strong service focus and the ability to create and implement a strong and consistent service culture across all business units
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail, yet ability to also see the big picture
- Ability to influence various audiences and manage through adversity with tact
- Ability to deal with complex problems with a focus on creating and implementing solutions
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office (including Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Strong level of proficiency in project management, time management and organizational skills.
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
- Bachelor degree in business or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
- 7+ years of progressive retail store experience with at least 3-5 years' multi-unit management experience.
- 3+ District/Regional management experience
- Experience managing a P&L in a multi-unit environment
- Experience building highly functioning teams and a strong service and development culture
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Operations