The Regional Vendor Manager coordination of purchases by evaluating suppliers for quality, pricing and delivery timeliness. This function requires a vendor manager to initiate and handle relationships with vendors and his company's operational department. Such relationships provide a platform to negotiate on behalf of his company for the best value of purchases that support its operations and business objectives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Effectively manage vendor relationships
- Evaluate and monitor contracts to ensure vendors comply with contractual terms and conditions
- Arrange meetings with staff and vendors to discuss issues affecting the supply chain and possible measures
- Ensure problem resolutions are achieved without compromising the relationship with vendors and company customers
- Scout for potential subcontractors based on capabilities, resources and equipment owned by subcontractor.
- Facilitate the resolution of escalated vendor-related issues
- Participate in in-market vendor events and kick off meetings
- Facilitate periodic vendor briefings with internal staff to discuss work
- Meets regularly with in-market internal staff to keep apprised of strategic direction of the project and how it would be supported by current and future vendor relationships
- Receive and process requests for new vendors
- Receive and respond timely to daily inquiries from vendors regarding certification process
- Work with accounts payable to resolve vendor aging and reconciliation matters
- Prepare and maintain quarterly subcontractor scorecards
- Other job duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years' experience in procurement or purchasing
- 3+ years' experience in Telecom supply industry preferred
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Must possess high ethical standards and possess an expert ability to handle confidential, sensitive and critical issues
- Must have proficient computer software skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Visio
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills
- Expert organizational and planning skills; attention to detail; productive without compromising quality
- Effective project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Travel to Market and customer meetings required
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.