Starr Companies is looking to hire a Regional Manager who will lead and manage the Risk Management General Casualty team for the Western Region. You will be responsible for using technical, sales and analytical skills to solicit submissions and provide indications/quotations/binders. You will be responsible for the profitable growth of large account primary casualty loss sensitive/guaranteed cost book of business.
- Minimum 10 years of underwriting experience - large casualty accounts and developing a book of business; Client revenues of $400M and over
- Primary casualty (WC, GL, and AL) large account loss sensitive experience preferred
- Implement a plan to build a profitable book of business
- Develop broker relationships to build pipeline in order to meet results
- Meet regularly with Risk Management brokers
- Develop working knowledge of Starr products to facilitate cross sell where applicable
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and strategize to make sound underwriting decisions
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workflows and resources to manage the book of business
- Manage book to achieve budget, rate, retention and new business goals; Facilitate budget and business plan for the region
- Understanding of pricing components and rating methodology including loss rating
- Ability to work independently, but also work to support a team environment
- Innate time management capabilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- A "self-starter"
- Strong analytical skills
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
C.V. Starr & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.