Management responsibilities for training and developing all underwriters, ensuring the quality and productivity of those underwriters, maintaining acceptable Service Level Agreements (SLA's) and ensuring our members are served conveniently and professionally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a working knowledge of all loan products offered by the credit union to ensure we train and develop all underwriters to manage the risk for the credit union.
- Responsible to assign loan files to the underwriters and work load balance to ensure we are meeting our service level expectations on a daily basis.
- Responsible to interview and hire quality underwriters. Coach, train and provide meaningful performance reviews for team members.
- Work hand in hand with mortgage sales, processing and closing to build a cohesive team to serve our members efficiently and ensure we are compliant with all investor/agency guidelines.
- Review, decision and process loan level escalations in a timely manner.
- Underwrite employee loans for senior level staff. Assist with loan approval conditions and file reviews as required.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current existing laws, statutes, regulations, ordinances, policies and procedures pertaining to real estate and mortgage lending.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration or management.
Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: 5 years of management/supervisory experience and minimum of 5 years of mortgage underwriting experience.
Experience/Skills: Must have five years of management/supervisory experience with a demonstrated ability to lead a team both on site and remotely. Training and mentoring experience is required. Must be familiar with all investor guidelines with experience with DU, LP and GUS automated underwriting engines. Must have five years of underwriting experience in FHA, VA, RD or specialty program underwriting with active DE CHUMS and SAR ID.