Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 61 days ago
We are currently seeking a Regional Underwriting Consultant, Technology to join our OneBeacon Technology Insurance (OBTI) team in the Mid-Atlantic area. The Regional Underwriting Consultant manages all components of development, growth and profitability for the Technology book of business in the assigned territory. The primary focus is on new business production and large account management. This position provides underwritingsupport and services to assigned producers within broad underwriting authority levels.
1) Maximizes opportunities for profitable new business, based on marketing conditions, by leveraging business relationships, product knowledge and underwriting acumen. Develops and maintains an active target account list tracking prospects and accounts.
2) Manages underwriting quality and book management, which includes: executing underwriting strategy, self-auditing new and renewal business and documenting approvals of underwriting edits. Ensures compliance with standards and assigned underwriting authorities.
3) For the Technology Segment, examines, identifies, and evaluates exposures by analyzing documentation from various sources and makes underwriting decisions to accept, decline, or modify risks within an assigned territory. Demonstrates a strong understanding of exposures and key coverage issues. Implements underwriting decisions in compliance with state laws.
4) Develops superior working relationships with producers to successfully promote achievement of mutual growth and profitability goals and to supply the appropriate products and services. From a sales perspective, has the ability to identify gaps in coverage and/or services, understands where OneBeacon can make a difference based on those gaps and uses that information to help retain or obtain customers.
5) Regularly travels to key producers and remains highly visible in the marketplace. Anticipates the needs of the agency plant, analyzes trends, and implements proactive strategies that best position OneBeacon. Communicates and monitors agency action plans and participates in agency planning and marketing meetings with other staff.
6) Gathers and analyzes competitor information and producer specific reports on assigned producers’ new business flow, retention, profitability and potential, to support the territory.
Expert knowledge of technical underwriting, pricing, and coverage issues. Must be a proven self-starter with strong multi-tasking and customer service skills. Must have strong analytical, decision making, problem-solving, communication, listening, and organizational skills. Must have superior negotiation, marketing and sales skills. Must be able to work both independently and as a highly collaborative member of a team. Maintains strong professional knowledge of legislative issues, industry trends and marketplace issues within the territory. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite. Must have the ability to travel.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and training preferred. The ideal candidate will have at least 7+ years of progressively more complex Technology underwriting experience.