We are looking for an experienced Regional Travel Manager for the Americas region. Based in the Bay Area, you will collaborate with the Global Travel Manager, Regional Travel Team, HR, Legal, Security, Accounting, Supply Chain and other stakeholders to deliver an elegant, sustainable, and efficient travel program.
The role requires unparalleled customer service skills, a collaborative mindset, expert corporate travel industry know-how and connections, mental agility including problem-solving skills, and strong business and financial acumen. Success will require a combination of influence, driving innovation, and working well under pressure.
- Manage day-to-day operations including but not limited to Travel Management Company (TMC), customer service resolution, and collaboration with the TMC team to innovate and simplify travel operations.
- Manage regional/global preferred supplier relationships including quarterly/annual business reviews and all performance metrics.
- Collaborate with Tesla security and EH&S to drive and socialize duty of care.
- Be the online booking tool (OBT) expert, know the system in and out, make necessary changes/updates as needed.
- Develop and nurture relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Identify problems or inconsistencies in the program and develop appropriate recommendations for resolution.
- Facilitate live training sessions and webinars to train employees on policies, travel tools and resources.
- Benchmark and update T&E policies and all related materials as needed.
- Collaborate with the finance and expense teams regularly to ensure alignment and transparency.
- Participate in internal travel and expense related meetings when required.
- Manage the Americas Meetings & Events program, suppliers, and relationships including driving SMM strategy on sourcing, technology, payments, and reporting.
- 10+ years of experience in corporate and meetings travel (Americas experiencerequired, global is a plus).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in relevant business experience.
- Proven negotiation skills with suppliers.
- Experience with candidate and recruittravel is a plus.
- Experience with duty of care systems (i.e., iJet, ISOS, etc.)
- Proven experience in program implementation including but not limited to agencies, tools, policies and upcoming innovative traveltechnologies.
- Experience in travelcategory lifecycle management.
- Expert user of travel industry systems such as, but not limited to, Concur Travel & Expense, GetThere, Sabre.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to guide and influence stakeholders.
- Exceptional written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- SMMP program experience is a plus.
- Progressive industry experience and proven ability to influence and drive change.