The Regional Transportation Manager effectively manages the dedicated fleet of multiple operations and has full P&L responsibility. In addition, they will exceed customer expectations and developing additional business opportunities for NFI. The Regional Transportation Manager may oversee multiple locations for the same customer or have multiple customers within one location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees and leads Transportation Managers and Operations Managers in the day-to-day operations of facilities and subordinate staff including supervisors, coordinators, dispatchers, load planners, administrative assistants and drivers
- Accountable for interaction with the customer on an ongoing basis regarding customer reviews and continuous improvement
- Develops and manages a comprehensive strategy for the project by shaping requirements, assessing deliverables and utilizing resources to help eliminate process problems.
- Facilitates long-term labor needs based on sales, forecasts and historical data
- Develops a strategic plan to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and utilization of the equipment and personnel.
- Oversees inventory management, delivery/logistics, regulatory compliance, productivity improvement, planning and organization, problem solving, project management and communicating to top-level management
- Oversees and ensures all customer pick-up and delivery requirements are meeting customer standards
- Audits compliance of both internal and external SOP’s.
- Ensures that equipment is utilized in the most efficient manner
- Sources all avenues to grow revenue base with both dedicated and non-dedicated customers
- Responsible for oversight of multiple facility P&L and budget preparation.
- Responsible to ensure audits all billing activity for accuracy. Properly signs and authorizes all purchase order requisitions, vouchers and customer billing.
- Reports out on locations financial and operational performance.
- Conducts monthly review of aging for accounts receivable and works closely with the Director and Corporate office to recover balances in a timely fashion.
- Conducts annual review of customer contracts, determining and recommending annual increases to the Regional Vice-President and Director of Business
- Communicates service issues, upcoming workload, and any other pertinent company information to appropriate personnel and customer
- Assures proper staffing and support hiring initiatives
- Assures all new employees are properly on-boarded; completing required paperwork and following a structured training schedule.
- Produces and effectively communicate department goals and individual performance goals that ensure the facility achieves operational success.
- Manages and maintains good human resources practices with direct reports, and adherence to established corporate and department policies and procedures
- Works with Human Resources to resolve employee relation issues, discipline actions, problem resolution and terminations.
- Visits other projects and participates in department or company meetings, as necessary
- Provides feedback, coaching, guidance, and recognition to enhance other’s skill development.
- Plays an active role in employee development and talent selection.
- Acts as a role model for the department in support of corporate purpose, vision, and values.
- Provides regular coaching and feedback on performance, prepares and presents formal performance appraisals and make recommendations and approve annual compensation increases.
- Exhibits a commitment to self-development by staying current on information, tools, and systems.
- Interacts and lends support to the other NFI operations
Safety and Security
- Ensures the safe, clean and efficient operation of the work area to meet service standards
- Actively supports and participates in all safety initiatives
- Ensures each locations is implementing safety and sanitation schedules that ensure the site’s compliance with corporate, OSHA, FDA, AIB or ASI standards.
- Performs safety observations to coach employees on safety procedures
- Prevents associate incident and injury by following up on accident investigations, assessing root cause analysis and implementing necessary improvements
- Ensures each location is responsible for the management of equipment and coordinates the maintenance of equipment with local vendor and/or Fleet partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company, High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 7+ years’ overall experience in supply chain
- Experience with applications such as TMW is preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of transportation / mechanical equipment
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary
- Excellent talent management skills
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills specifically with external clients
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Must be on-call for alarm system or problems during off work hours
- Average Travel is 20%
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.