This position manages a Transportation function to continuously improve Transportation procedures, practices, and systems to meet and improve our targeted customer delivery service levels while minimizing our Transportation expense to meet budgeted expectations. Develop and implement all aspects of Transport operational policies, procedures, and initiatives. Act as a liaison between the company and our Carriers. Guarantees that our Transportation activity meets or exceeds leading Best-in-Class companies.
- Monitor all Transportation Traffic Center to guarantee that they are properly staff and the fleet size is adequate to support the company’s transportation goals (budget, delivery service levels, etc.).
- Review our Transportation Network to guarantee that we have the optimal solution to minimize our transportation expense.
- Work, in conjunction with the Logistics, Sales, and Manufacturing Areas to identify and implement new Transportation Strategies that will allow us to minimize our Transportation expense, improve our Delivery Service Level, and run efficient and lean transportation operations.
- Coordinate the Transportation Process Improvement Team (Carrier – Mission) to make sure the Team is meeting regularly and that all agreed commitments/opportunities are being completed/implemented on time. Will be responsible for publishing the minutes of these meetings.
- Audit our Transportation Operation to guarantee our company is being properly charged by our selected Carrier(s) according to our Transportation contract and Schedules.
- Develop and Implement Transportation Policies and Procedures to support and document all key processes of the Transportation Area.
- Work in conjunction with Mission’s Director of Transportation Cost Control to help prepare the company’s annual Transportation budget.
- Develop the Transportation Dashboard to publish the key metrics (Key Performance Indicators) that would measure our Transportation Activity.
- Develops Transportation scorecards and coordinates meetings with Carrier on a monthly/quarterly basis to present results.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, transportation, or logistics plus 8 years functional experience in Corporate Transportation Management in the food or beverage manufacturing industry. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Experience managing of 3rd Party Dedicated Fleets and Common Carrier selection.
- Experience with Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
- Transportation Budgeting.
- Transportation Network Analysis and Design.
- Developing and Managing Transportation Score Cards
- Distribution Centers Operations.
- Shipping, Receiving, Distribution – Warehousing and Transportation.
- Multi-Facility Transportation and Supply Networks
- Knowledge of regulatory agencies’ clauses such as DOT, FMCSA OSHA, FDA
- Certification in Transportation & Logistics (CT&L) a plus
- Bilingual Spanish-English preferred.