Sales & Client Engagement
- Identifies, evaluates, and pursues business opportunities with current and potential customers through the use of regional data analytics and commercial construction tracking across the Southeast region.
- Drive Contractor engagement through strategic planning sessions, jobsite calls, office calls and involvement with Regional Trade Specialists and local SBD market teams
- Responsible for maintaining close relationships with existing users as well as key potential customers.
- Develops demand and sales of products and services by investigating and resolving contractor problems and recommending modifications to the product/service line.
- Responsible for meeting target metrics and standards for activity for self and direct reports, such as but not limited to the number of calls, new product introductions, training events and product submittals.
- Manage and coordinate teams’ efforts through complete understanding of their time and territory coverage. Ensure that coverage is adequate in all areas by maximizing time in each market by each team member.
- Ensure proper follow up on leads with Trade Specialists, local RVP’s, RMM’s and ESS teams.
- Maintain and use SalesForce.com as a CRM and Planning tool. Communicate successes and failures in a timely fashion to develop a more streamlined process.
Leadership & Communication
- Teach and mentor your direct reports and local market team members on the process of End User/Contractor Relationship development: who to contact (trade associations, safety personnel, engineers, quality managers, general managers, line supervisors, chief mechanics, purchasing, etc.), how they execute the purchasing process (central and facility), and how to align their efforts with the local market teams, product managers, local distributors, and service centers
What You Bring To The SBD Team…
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Business Management or Engineering preferred)
- Commercial Jobsite and Construction Knowledge required.
- Understanding of building specifications, and submittal processes and project delivery methods preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of direct sales or distribution sales experience with experience selling to high-level executives, C-Suite, and jobsite directors.
- 3 -5 yrs people management experience with demonstration of the ability to build high performing teams required.
- Capability to meld empathy with a rock-hard determination to achieve outstanding results.
- Must have the ability to build relationships and work effectively with all levels of an organization to drive strategy, resolve problems, influence owners and generate revenue.
- Skilled at building and aligning a team to the overall strategic plan of the group.
- Exhibit a thorough knowledge of managing and executing a budget for your region to stay within the developed forecast and allocation.
- Ability to use Data analytics to build sound business plans for the region, trade management team, & local market teams to deliver sustainable growth for SBD
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite, Salesforce/CRM software and use of a smartphone