Who we are:
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne? A cold beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench your thirst? Well, it was probably made by us. We are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world's best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high-quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals.
With nearly 27,000 employees and an unparalleled footprint spanning almost 80 plants in 23 countries, O-I is a truly global maker of glass packaging.
From engineering and manufacturing to brand development, design and innovation, we are dedicated to providing unique solutions to exceed our customers' expectations and fuel consumers' desire for glass.
As a Regional TSC/OIS Regional Manager, you will be accountable for identifying and completing Savings Projects under the Total System Cost, implementing the O-I System (OIS) and key initiatives through the use of lean six sigma process improvement methodology. Working with senior leadership, managers, supervisors, engineering and quality teams to ensure the Total System Cost program is deployed effectively ensuring the continuous improvement systems and tools are used and sustained to accelerate business improvement initiatives towards achieving the cost imperative goals of the organization.
- Facilitate the process improvement teams and provide counsel and assistance to the project team leaders with respect to facilitation techniques, quality systems, continual improvement, and cost reduction
- Lead and support strategic/regional/local TSC projects with other regional or global leaders
- Create a strong partnership and network with the business in order to collaborate and simplify work that will elevate the TSC/OIS team's performance
- Lead workshops resulting in tangible key performance indicator improvements
- Contribute to strategic planning
- Act as a change agent (leader) to instill a TSC, Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement (OIS) culture on-site and in related functional areas of the company
- Ensure through enhanced follow-up process that the programs and tools are appropriately and effectively used
- Develop and maintain a 12-months rolling OIS/TSC plan based on the strategic imperative
- Develop, manage, and report the progress of OIS/Lean deployment plan with site management (based on current and future state Value Stream Maps, site performance improvement targets, and Group / Business standards, policies and best practices)
- Support site management in its strategic planning process and its implementation by taking ownership of the relevant projects
- Assist leadership in the planning, development, coordination, support, and execution of high impact (immediate and long term) improvement plans for effective and sustainable cost-saving initiatives while making sure lean manufacturing initiatives are aligned with customer-focused metrics
- Work with financial representatives across the business to validate project justification, reporting, and success
In this position you will report to the Americas North TSC/CI Leader
- Bachelor's degree (mechanical, industrial or manufacturing engineering)
- Advanced degree a plus
- Five years of project management experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Lean deployment experience strongly preferred
- Six Sigma certification preferred
- Clear practical and hands-on orientation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; knowledge and ability to train on methodologies at all levels of the organization
- Strategic thinker, with a clear vision and direction of change management
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to coach, mentor, and energize team members
- Deployment of a lean culture: organization, policy deployment, management routines, management control, behavior, and visual management
- A demonstrated understanding of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma and Communication Tools, and Statistical Problem Solving
- Thorough understanding of lean tools such as standardized work, 5S, SMED, TPM, Kanban, MIFA, Error Proofing and etc.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution & match
- Half-Day Fridays
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Relaxed and contemporary dress code
- Education Assistance program
- Adoption Assistance program
- and much more…