The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking a Regional Toll Services Consultant in either our Southern California (Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire) or Northern California (Oakland) offices.
The Regional Toll Services Consultant is responsible for the successful management and delivery of tolling/emerging mobility solutions projects and assignments as needed for our clients located primarily within HNTB's West Division.
Provides toll technology and policy planning as well as implementation and operations oversight as an advisor to toll clients and HNTB local offices. Provides consultation during all phases of toll revenue collection system and operations life cycle from assessing current state to planning for the future. Provides assistance and manages the process from developing concept of operations through procurement of systems and services, and subsequently during operations. Most projects are short term are up to 2M revenue. Provides leadership and consultation to toll technology projects as subject matter expert. Leads major tasks for projects or may perform limited project management activities. Provides direction to staff supporting tasks or projects.
- Performs project management activities such as preparing budgets and schedules for tasks and all related management activities. Provides labor projections and project reporting commensurate with the level of involvement.
- Supports marketing activities generally as a supporting role for preparation of pursuit materials.
- Has direct client communication on a regular basis in task/project management or advisory role based on areas of expertise recognized internally.
- Provides quality control for areas of demonstrated expertise.
- Leads or supports toll technology projects and support other senior consultants at multiple points in life cycle of toll technology consulting.
- Leads or supports planning activities such as assisting in the development of feasibility studies, assessments, concept of operations documents, procurement documents such as requests for proposal for toll systems and operations.
- Leads or supports in procurement assistance.
- Leads or supports toll system implementation including support for oversight of design, testing, installation.
- Leads or supports toll system operations oversight consulting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working as a leader or member of a project team, provides toll facility development, policy, technology and operations planning as well as implementation and operations oversight as an advisor to toll clients.
- Provides consultation during all phases of toll facility development and operations life cycle.
- Provides assistance and manages the process from developing concept of operations through procurement and delivery of systems and services, and during operations.
- Provides advanced leadership and consultation to toll projects as subject matter expert.
- Leads major tasks for projects and serves as project manager.
- Provides direction to staff supporting tasks or projects.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, IT, Accounting/Finance, Planning, Business or related field
8 years related experience
In lieu of education, 12 years related experience
- 8 years' experience in toll technology and/or toll operations as a toll facility manager, system integrator or consultant
- Experience with All Electronic Tolling and Managed Lane Systems.
- Experience working for or with toll technology/services vendors and be able to evaluate system vendors and provide recommendations for initial development/deployment and/or replacement and upgrade of toll systems and account management systems.