Regional Technical Trainer
Horizon Global - Charlotte, NC
Horizon Global (NYSE: HZN) is a designer, manufacturer and distributor of a wide variety of high-quality, custom-engineered towing, trailering, cargo management and other related accessory products on a global basis, serving the automotive aftermarket, retail and OE channels. Horizon provides its customers with outstanding products and services that reflect the Company's commitment to market leadership, innovation and operational excellence. Horizon Global headquarters is located in Troy, MI. Horizon Global has approximately 4,100 employees at more than 40 facilities in 21 countries.
Horizon Global is the industry's largest manufacturer of towing and trailer aftermarket products. Product focuses include vehicle specific trailer hitches, electric trailer brake controls, fifth wheel hitches, gooseneck hitches, weight distribution systems, cargo management, custom designed and standard electrical harnesses, trailer jacks, couplers, and more. Brand names include: Bargman®, Bulldog®, Draw-Tite®, Fulton®, Hidden Hitch®, Pro Series™, Reese®, ROLA®, Tekonsha®, and Wesbar®.
Regional Technical Trainer Summary
This is your opportunity to take a high visibility position and make an impact as you train internal staff and external customers. This is a hands-on role where you could demonstrate how to install a product such as a trailer hitch at one training, and then educate your audience on how to sell products at the next. Working out of your home office, you'll spend approximately 60% of your time presenting and 40% creating educational media arts content. You'll enjoy interacting with executive management, collaborating with your peers on training materials, and traveling and working in tandem with sales.
Your territory is the Eastern United States, but it will not be unusual for you to travel outside of your area, visiting clients throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Regional Technical Trainer Responsibilities
- Provide technical training internally to technical and customer service staff and externally to customers.
- Work with Director of Training and Education to develop and establish comprehensive product features and technical multi-media educational materials.
- Work withsales management within markets and region served to maintain key customer relationships, develop and implement sales and training strategies for expanding the market's customer base.
- Work with Director of Training and Education to develop training programs for high-profile customers and market partners.
- Works and travels with sales management within markets and region served to sell products, train, develop and to call on regular and prospective customers to:
- Explain and/or demonstrate new products utilizing samples or catalogs.
- Attend and represent Horizon at trade shows with training venues.
- Assist sales management personnel to ensure they are able to discuss our products features and benefits.
- Conduct both product installation and technical training.
Extensive travel which may involve weekend travel (3-4 nights per week including international travel – road warrior) required
- College degree or other advanced training or at least 3-5 years sales and technical training experience in comparable industries.
- Preferredexperience in the trailer (RV, utility, landscape, marine, heavy equipment), towing products (undercar/truck hitch receivers, gooseneck, 5th wheel) and electrical towing (t-connectors, brake controls) industries.
- Systems experienceworking with desktop and media arts applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft CRM Dynamics, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite including Premiere video editing, Audition audio editing, Keyshot Animation and Connect Pro/Captivate/Presenter learning management softwares.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Proven sales and technical training track record in a new product / market environment.
- Well-developed organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills, and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team oriented environments.
- A proficient level of hands- on mechanical aptitude.
- Capacity to assume more significant executive responsibilities over time.
- Must have a good driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
- Training: 3 years
- Powerpoint: 3 years
- Sales Training: 3 years
- Adobe Suite: 3 years
- Technical Training: 3 years
- Automotive/RV: 3 years