Horizon Global - Charlotte, NC
Horizon Global (NYSE: HZN) is a designer, manufacturer and distributor of a wide variety of high-quality, custom-engineered towing, trailering, cargo management and other related accessory products on a global basis, serving the automotive aftermarket, retail and OE channels. Horizon provides its customers with outstanding products and services that reflect the Company's commitment to market leadership, innovation and operational excellence. Horizon Global headquarters is located in Troy, MI. Horizon Global has approximately 4,100 employees at more than 40 facilities in 21 countries.
Horizon Global is the industry's largest manufacturer of towing and trailer aftermarket products. Product focuses include vehicle specific trailer hitches, electric trailer brake controls, fifth wheel hitches, gooseneck hitches, weight distribution systems, cargo management, custom designed and standard electrical harnesses, trailer jacks, couplers, and more. Brand names include: Bargman®, Bulldog®, Draw-Tite®, Fulton®, Hidden Hitch®, Pro Series™, Reese®, ROLA®, Tekonsha®, and Wesbar®.
Regional Technical Trainer Summary
This is your opportunity to take a high visibility position and make an impact as you train internal staff and external customers. This is a hands-on role where you could demonstrate how to install a product such as a trailer hitch at one training, and then educate your audience on how to sell products at the next. Working out of your home office, you'll spend approximately 60% of your time presenting and 40% creating educational media arts content. You'll enjoy interacting with executive management, collaborating with your peers on training materials, and traveling and working in tandem with sales.
Your territory is the Eastern United States, but it will not be unusual for you to travel outside of your area, visiting clients throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Regional Technical Trainer Responsibilities
- Provide technical training internally to technical and customer service staff and externally to customers.
- Work with Director of Training and Education to develop and establish comprehensive product features and technical multi-media educational materials.
- Work withsales management within markets and region served to maintain key customer relationships, develop and implement sales and training strategies for expanding the market's customer base.
- Work with Director of Training and Education to develop training programs for high-profile customers and market partners.
- Works and travels with sales management within markets and region served to sell products, train, develop and to call on regular and prospective customers to:
Extensive travel which may involve weekend travel (3-4 nights per week including international travel – road warrior) required
Job Type: Full-time