GCP Applied Technologies is a world leader in the construction materials industry with market leading technology and global reach. GCP’s Stirling Lloyd product portfolio is specifically designed to provide long term protection to critical infrastructure and specialist building applications.
The ideal candidate has well-practiced knowledge of extracting value via technical and/or specification selling targeted at construction projects. Experience selling to owners and designers/specifiers engaged in public sector projects is advantageous.
Responsibility is primarily, but not exclusively, oriented toward civil engineering applications. The ideal candidate has experience in public tender work, preferably with DOT projects; has the ability to identify new applicators, develop relationships with General Contractors and foster relations with owners to influence the establishment and development of specifications within the assigned territory; demonstrates the ability to meet customer expectations; and has a growing knowledge of competitive products and services.
- Create, maintain and increase sales volume with established applicator customer network and new customers by implementing planned sales strategies, company marketing programs, and delivering service to customers
- Possess a strong business acumen, comfortable with cold calling and ability to fill the forecast/pipeline with opportunities
- Refine existing and develop new specifications (primarily DOT projects)
- Collaborate with and support colleagues across the business to achieve common goals
- Influence and manage sales through the project cycle from design/specification, bid, negotiation, application and payment
- Provide information to customers on new and current products, pricing and orders
- Identify competitive products and marketing practices, and disseminate internally
- Comply with all company policies, instructions, and directives for the fulfillment of company objectives and for maximizing profitable sales
- Operate in a safe manner in accordance with company policy
- Maintain up-to-date customer and territory records using company provided tools
- Implement targets in accordance with quarterly and annual sales forecast
- Strong communication skills - must be able to communicate clearly and effectively ( in person and in virtual environment)
- Train and execute behavior change with approved applicators and end-user clients as appropriate
- Five years selling value-added products in a construction related field
- Construction industry experience desirable
- Broad knowledge of services, products and sales techniques
- Proactive, customer-oriented, team player
- Analytic mind, problem solver, well organized
- Technical aptitude for construction products/material sciences
- Have the capability identify opportunities to grow and maintain sales prospects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint knowledge required
- Travel (approximately 15-20% of time committed to travel on company business) required throughout the territory.