As a Field Sales – National Accounts Manager for the Region, you will develop, coordinate and manage sales, service and training activities for business products for National Fleet and Regional Customers; responsible for effective liaison between WABCO, Field Sales and Service Organizations.
- Responsible for providing high quality customer sales, service and training support, working through the combined resources of Drive Force & CVA Field Sales and Service Groups, OnTrac Customer Support Center, and WABCO personnel.
- Develop and implement strategies to maintain current business and expand penetration of all WABCO products.
- Provide timely feedback to management on potential product improvements, sales and service programs and daily activities.
- Accountable for sales growth of WABCO products in support of company AOP and SBP objectives, working through the resources of Drive Force & CVA Field Sales and Service personnel.
- Accountable for expeditious resolution of fleet customer product or business issues.
- Responsible for supporting new product launches through management of sales and training efforts.
- Responsible for representing WABCO at key industry events and trade shows.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate should ideally meet the following main criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years related experience in sales, training and customer support.
- Trucking industry experience and knowledge of commercial vehicle control systems highly desirable
- Salesexperience in the heavy truck industry and/or automotive market (>5 years) preferred
- Experience with calling on commercial heavy truck fleets preferred
- PC skills (Microsoft Office + PowerPoint) preferred
- Good understanding of the local market preferred
- Good communicator at all levels preferred
- Good presentation skills preferred
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Perseverance – pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; will seldom give up before finishing a task
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Creative Learning - Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement
- Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Self Development - Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches
- Motivating Others - Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Managing Vision and Purpose - Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations