Regional Systems Manager
Reporting to the Director of Operations/Hotel Manager on property (and to the Corporate Director of Systems), this position is an integral part of the leadership team. Focused on all areas of technology services with a key focus on hardware, operating systems and security.
What is in it for you:
- Experience living in Banff National Park in the iconic location of Lake Louise
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Access to our Lifestyle Program activities
- One duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service to all internal and external guests
- Lead and manage the hotel’s day-to-day IT activity ensuring all standards are followed
- Comply with the company’s IT Security Policy as it pertains to hardware, software, security/data safety
- Assist with preparation of the annual IT budget for the hotel/s and working with the hotel team, administer that budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Support the hotel’s standalone systems, including but not limited to, systems connected to the Network, point of sales systems, all related interfaces, file server, UPS related devices
- Execute all IT projects
- Work and consult with hardware and software vendors to setup and maintain all required equipment
- Ensure that the usage and installation of software is in accordance with the software licensing laws
- Liaison for the hotel team and Help desk. Work to solve root issues resulting in help desk tickets
- Work with department tech champions to ensure smooth working of software and hardware. Recommend improvements on established incident management processes.
- Responsible for maintaining Corporate IT standards
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Provides training/guidance to hotel team on hardware and software applications.
- Recommends improvements on established incident management processes.
- Ensure monitoring of ALL recovery systems (tape backup and virus protection)
- Implement and support ACCOR best practices.
- Look for opportunities for new technology that may be beneficial to driving efficiency or supporting internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Provide after-hours on call support (24/7)
- Participate in management of projects as directed by RSM
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- University degree or equivalent experience
- A+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer
- Cisco certification or equivalent experience
- Understanding of and/or previous experience in hotel operations is required
- Previous supervisory and training experience an asset
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Self‑motivated, with the ability to make effective decisions
- Demonstrates initiative, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to consistently stand and walk through out shift
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections