Pluribus Networks is at the leading edge of datacenter networking and is bringing a new way of designing data center networks to the world. Through strategic partnerships with key players in the enterprise and service provider space, Pluribus is bringing open networking, unmatched features and compelling business value to next-generation data centers around the world. We are looking for the next generation of sales engineering to help us make this a reality.
You want to work at a growing startup and appreciate the work ethic of a dynamic enterprise technology company. Highly motivated doesn’t even begin to describe how you think. Roles and responsibilities are not set in stone for you. You have the hunger to break outside of a standard job description and do whatever it takes to make your local sales business and Pluribus successful with minimal instruction.
Mediocre is not in your vocabulary and you thrive where you can be constantly challenged. You wake up every day and expect to learn from the top talent in the industry. Putting in anything less than your absolute best is unacceptable to you.
It excites you to be a Technical Marketing Engineer one day, a Field Proof of Concept Engineer the next and a Partner Sales Engineer the day after. At the end of the week, you know that playing each one of these roles is helping you learn but also to close business and grow your territory and Pluribus mindshare.
When things don’t go as planned, you take a step back and consult your team to think of a new way to tackle the problem. You are not afraid to leverage all your resources to put things back on plan.
You are passionate about technology and its ability to influence a business and believe that it is time for a change in how the industry thinks about and consumes data center networking. You can explain to us in excruciating detail the technical reasons why you chose your smartphone or laptop operating system. (We support both iPhone and Android as well as Windows, Mac and Linux. Convince us otherwise). You might even be able to recommend a new enterprise platform for us.
You are excited to break away from traditional IT models and think that doing things differently with colleagues who think the same is the only way to work and will lead to mutual success. You are not afraid to bring new ideas to the table and you constantly challenge yourself and others to think of alternative ways to solve complex problems. You sell ideas and business solutions, not boxes and equipment refreshes.
About the Role
This is a senior level sales engineering position with the responsibility to solve complex technical and business problems within all aspects of a customer’s technology business. You will be interfacing directly with and building consultative relationships with all levels of technical and business decision makers at both partners and customers.
Your primary responsibilities in this role will be to work in conjunction with a Regional Sales Director to be the technical go-to for any interactions in your territory that involve Pluribus. Your technical activities will vary between selling directly to customers, partnering with our Value Added Reseller (VAR) channel and enabling customers and partners on our newest products and solutions.
This position will require you to work remotely from your home office with a 50+% travel requirement within your territory to customer and partner sites. Occasional travel to Pluribus Headquarters in Palo Alto, CA will also be required.
- Act as the technical subject matter expert for customers and partners, thoroughly understanding the Pluribus Networks Adaptive Cloud FabricTMarchitecture, our products, features, functions, and benefits while being able to communicate to all lines of business within an enterprise customer
- Understand customer requirements for data center network deployments and explain how Pluribus will show value to existing investments regardless of current vendor
- Participate in field proof of concept tests and provide onsite deployment assistance on deployments in conjunction with our professional services team.
- Create product documentation for customers and partners and be able to perform a comparative analysis regarding competing offerings
- Guide solutions partners on proper positioning and design methodologies to effectively sell Pluribus.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Direct, customer-facing pre-salesexperience with a multiple year, proven record of success in a pre-sales technical role (solutions architect, systems engineer, sales engineer, consulting systems engineer or equivalent)
- Expert level understanding of data center networking (STP, BGP, OSPF, etc) and related virtualization technologies that interact with data center networking
- Expertise in designing data center architectures and associated challenges (multi-site considerations, disaster recovery, fault tolerance, etc.)
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills with the ability to present confidently to customers regardless of medium, in person or remotely
- Intricate knowledge of an enterprise IT sales cycle and the ability to clearly articulate technical factors as a part of this process
- Familiarity with server and server virtualization technologies or other “SDN” industry offerings, Linux operating systems or security design considerations (IPS, IDS, Firewalls) is a plus
- Strong understanding of business considerations of current enterprise IT market drivers (hyper-convergedinfrastructure, white-box/brite-box switching, overlays, underlays, cloud consumption models, multi-tiered applications, etc.)
- Advanced industry level certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, VCP or equivalent preferred
- BS or MSdegree in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline required
- Applicants who have participated in an immersive industry-recognized technical sales training program are highly preferred and should apply