This position drives the generation of capital products within assigned Hillrom Surgical Solutions’ surgical tables and partnership sales within their given regions. In collaboration with clinical and specialty sales partners, develop and implement sales strategies that deliver comprehensive solutions to customers within the assigned region. Establish and maintain strong business relationships and high levels of satisfaction with prospective and existing customers. Ensure that required information is accessible within the customer relationship management system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned
- Drive overall revenue attainment across assigned accounts: Develop and implement sales strategies that deliver comprehensive solutions to customers within the assigned region or account base to capture new accounts and enhance performance in existing accounts. Conduct negotiations with customers to finalize sales. Demonstrate an effective understanding of competitive action in the assigned region and develop plans to address problem areas and customer needs. Achieve sales goals within the surgical table portfolio.
- Collaborate with internal sales and service partners to seamlessly serve shared accounts: Lead the efforts of sales specialists and services personnel to drive new sales, as well as, on-going customer satisfaction. Maintain highly effective communications with specialty and industry partners. Provide local support for strategic Enterprise Accounts Team initiatives across major IDNs.
- Coordinate customer sales support activities across assigned accounts: Lead customer business reviews and ensure table surveys are completed and reviewed. Coordinate and partner with Infrastructure Specialist on hybrid opportunities. Must be adept at presenting surgical table products to a diverse audience including Administrators, Surgeons, Biomedical Engineers, Architects, and Equipment Planners. Coordinate Customer Experience Center and service Center visits, as appropriate.
- Ensure post-sales customer satisfaction and maximize perceived ROI: Maintain customer profiles as a matter of routine. Proactively conduct customer business reviews. Oversee the installation of new products after they are delivered to the customers. Ensure the products have been installed properly, provide basic training and follow-up to ensure customers are satisfied and realize the intended benefits of the partnership with all Hillrom. Follow-up on customer complaints and out-of-box failures.
- Maintain industry and product knowledge: Stay abreast of current health care trends and technology.
- Be able to clearly articulate the economic benefit for the hospital, detailed functionality and benefit offering of each product line, how each product is best applied to meet emergent customer needs and the benefits products will provide to both the patient and caregivers.
- Serve as product-specific expert within the surgical table space: Driving accuracy and competitively feature based quotes. Deliver strategic initiatives for surgical tables within given region.
- Information management: Filter appropriate and pertinent feedback to marketing and R&D. Accurately forecast regional surgical table orders and revenue. Record activities and contacts within Salesforce.com and ensure that all information remains current and provides enough detail to be useful. Primary owner of RFP responses involving large surgical table deals. Plan, coordinate, and complete successful table trials and demonstrations.
- Travel is required to manage assigned region and to attend regional/national meetings and events.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited university
- 3 - 5 years of experience selling in the health care field; durable medical equipment solutions selling preferred
- effective influencing skills –ability to understand the needs of, and influence, personnel ranging from nurses to C-level decision makers
- strong analytical skills - able to effectively track sales activity, develop sales plans, understand local market and competitive trends and complete the analysis of sales deals
- strong business acumen – able to understand customer economic drivers, structure sales deals, reach pivotal agreements within the sales cycle
- effective planning/organizational skills
- excellent formal presentation skills
- strong collaboration and communication skills
- strong strategic thinker
- Adaptable and flexible
- Variable travel throughout region up to 75% - 100% of work week