Michael Baker is actively seeking a Surface Transportation Practice Leader to oversee the southeast region. A region that delivers over $40 Million in annual transportation engineering revenue. This position will collaborate frequently with Michael Baker’s Vice Presidents and operations managers across the Florida Region to build the surface transportation practice and report directly to the Southeast Regional Director.
- · This position will facilitate the ongoing growth of Michael Baker’s transportation business, by performing extensive client outreach and providing direction on major transportation pursuits and industry expertise to our clients.
- · The Regional Practice Lead will also play a significant role in maintaining a quality and targeted profitability on transportation projects, as well as assisting with managing staffing and resources to ensure our transportation projects are executed with a high level of efficiency and technical excellence.
- · Feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping to address some of our nation’s most critical infrastructure challenges while building the future of our organization!
- · Minimum of 15-20 years of technical transportation design/analysis/construction experience.
- · Bachelor’s degree in civil/structural engineering from an accredited university
- · Experience demonstrating growing revenues substantially in the transportation markets.
- · Knowledge/experience with design/construction across entire spectrum of transportation modes, including railroad, transit, aviation, highway and bridge.
- · Technical excellence with the development of major transportation proposals and pursuits. Strong written and verbal skills, with exceptional presentation leadership skills are required.
- · Progressive demonstrated experience with design bid build Solid client engagement experience related to direct meetings, strategy projects and industry associations.
- · Demonstrated relationships/experience working with DOTs at the executive level.
- · Knowledge of financial aspects of the engineering business, demonstrated new work added and measured goals to achieve.
- · Demonstrated strategic planning for long term business plans, including measure goals to achieve engagement and leadership of strategic pursuits.
- · Knowledge of state capital funding and operating budgets, the funding process and how its allocated.
- · Demonstrate knowledge and experience with client engagement programs.
- · Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in, capture planning.
- · Attract and recruit high end talent to the organization with the ability to retain, develop, and promote.
- · Past demonstrated experience with quality management and implementation/enforcement of QA/QC standards.
- · Self-motivated with solid business experience and understanding of cross selling and multi model transportation including highway, bridges, aviation, rail, and transit.
- · Ability/willingness to travel
- · Ability to facilitate/create training via regular internal webinars/engagements as well as coach and prepare the internal team to present to potential clients.