- Lead Supplier Quality & Development Engineers in ensuring product and process compliance by providing guidance and direction with regards toproactive supplier quality system audit / implementation and customer requirements.
- Lead the individuals who are responsible for facilitating new supplier assessment / improvement plans, and facilitating resolution of all Supply Chain critical issues. Continue enhancing Key Criteria for supplier evaluation.
- Lead and support large scale supplier quality improvement projects.
- Maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders (Operations (Procurement), Global QA/RA, and Engineering (R&D)) to execute supply base improvement plans and meet customer requirements. Promote cross-functional approach.
- Provide timely and effective communications to all levels of organization.
- Provide leadership to solve supplier challenges to ensure success and customer satisfaction.
- Prioritize schedules of current and potential new supplier audits / approval process as well as oversight for corrective action plans.
- Lead and manage supplier escalation issues including management reporting.
- Lead and manage continuous improvement programs with poorly performing suppliers.
- Attract, develop and mentor diverse talent in Supplier Quality and Development organization.
- Define ideal skill sets for the organization. Analyse current team member's strengths and re-organize accordingly.
- Provide and execute short and long-term staffing plan basedon business needs (resource and budget planning).
- Provide operational support and act as a go-to person for the regional (Americas) Supplier Quality & Development team.
- Support developing, implementing, and executing proactive supplier risk profiling to identify and eliminate potential supply risks.
- Support developing and implementing management reporting tools for in-crisis suppliers and proactive risk monitoring.
- Develop, promote and execute the global supplier performance escalation process (SPE).
- Support the Senior Manager, Global Supplier Quality to develop standard global supplier management processes, procedures and tools.
- Actively engage with leadership team in making continuous improvements to processes/procedures.
- Support further development of Key Performance Indicators for the Supplier Quality and Development Team. Evaluate current state. Define goals (KPI targets) to achieve and track the progress.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Scientific or Engineering discipline
- Certified Quality Engineer
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supplier quality and/or development
- Knowledge of ISO based quality systems
- Knowledge of core quality tools
- Auditor accreditation for system and process
- Proficient in English language, oral and written, and preferably in other language(s) used in geographic area of responsibility.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Additional preferred or required qualifications.
- Demonstrated analytical and fact-based approach to problem-solving
- Proven strong communication skills
- Resource allocation and control
- Planning and organizing
- Change orientation
- Coaching and Influencing others
- Decision making
- Excellent presentation skills
- Customer focused
- Team motivation and conflict resolution
- Driven, self-motivated
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 35% - 50%
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Supplier Quality, the Regional Supplier Quality and Development Manager is a member of a Global Supplier Quality Team and the primary contact for Global Procurement and the site/business unit quality team (s) in relation to supplier quality tasks for the Americas Teleflex sites, including Morrisville and the NADC. The role will collaborate with Global Procurement and the site/business unit quality team(s) to provide the appropriate supplier quality support for the purchase of commodities, purchased finished good(PFG's) and critical services suppliers.
- Lead large scale supplier quality improvement projects.
- Own the process to develop high risk, strategic suppliers to provide reliable, trustworthy and productive relationships.
- Primary contact to assigned Global Procurement and manufacturing site(s)/Business Unit (s)(BU) for the resolution of supplier issues, new projects, and new acquisitions
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Purchasing Controls
- Manage the process to develop, coordinate, track and review Supplier Quality Agreements.
- Perform supplier facility compliance audits as required.
- Develop strong partnering relationships with Global Procurement, Supply Chain, QA/RA, Design, and Manufacturing groups.