The Region Manager oversees complex customer presentations, implementations, and cost reduction initiatives. Strong emphasis and focus is given to revenue growth and operational effectiveness. The Region Manager provides leadership to a team of leaders in the functional areas related to outsourced service solutions such as: shipping, receiving, inventory management, chemical tracking, warehousing, glass wash, purchasing, desk top delivery, lab support services.
The Regional Manager is responsible for profitability, management of all assets and scientific services. Additionally, the Regional Manager is responsible for the success of VWRCATALYST in the territory and collaboration with Corporate and Field Sales teams.
The Region Manager is responsible for the growth, profitability and management of all assets and customers within their Region. The Region Manager is also responsible for the success of VWRCATALYST in their territory and for collaborating with Corporate and Field Sales Teams to move the business forward.
The Region Manager is typically responsible for a broad geographic region supporting multiple states, customers, leaders and service solutions. The Region Manager will report to a director.
- Acts as a liaison between customer, sales team and Director, Site Services.
- Manages budget and expense reports, revenue growth, TOE reduction, and Region P&L.
- Management includes communication, overall recruitment training in the region, and management of leaders,
- Directly responsible for reviewing and approving the leadership team’s project list to ensure Site Services growth projections. Secures new Services business with service assessments, analysis, costing, proposal development and presentations to customer management.
- Develops and improves services programs. Identifies new service opportunities and develops requirements, presentations, value propositions, tools and implementation plans.
- Coaches and motivates team members; serves as a role model and mentor, in both words and actions, support team building activities/practices.
- Establishes maintains, and continuously reviews goals and objectives for leaders and their region to insure they are in line with the overall corporate goals and objectives; reports on actual performance vs. established goals and objectives; supports continuous improvement and productivity practices.
- Plans, develops, and implements programs and procedures within scope of authority with an emphasis on improving department productivity, individual productivity, and corporate profitability; performs staffing, quality and process analysis of Site Services operations.
- Drives department safety protocol.
Experience & Skills:
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances and medical checkups.
- Knowledge of Information Access and ERP Systems; advanced Microsoft Office knowledge with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Access
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; professional can do attitude
- Demonstrated regard for safety, quality and adherence to protocols, policies and procedures
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate; forward thinking
- Flexible, adaptable, and multi task oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; solid presentation skills
- Proven leadership experience with solid interpersonal, coaching, and negotiation skills
- Strong industry knowledge
- Strong customer focus (internal and external) with proven ability to establishing high level customer relationships
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated conflict resolution, trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- General background/understanding of purchasing, inventory management, and cross referencing
- Ability to make sound business decisions with limited consultation with manager
- Understanding of, and ability to administer VWR’s policies consistently
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to new and existing client teams
- Ability to Travel
- College degree or equivalent experiencerequired
- Generally 7-9 years experience, with at least 3 years of leadership and/or supervisory responsibility; proficient interviewing skills
- GMP and GLP training preferred
- Spill containment, IATA, DOT, IMDG and Hazwoper training preferred
- CPR training and OSHA Right to Know preferred
- Six Sigma Lean Training a plus
- Inside Sales experiencepreferred
- Experience in account development and implementation
- Must be able to travel 25% -50% of the time
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that may weigh up to 10lbs.