Eaton has an opening for a Regional ServiceSales Director. This position is accountable to organize and direct the fieldsales districts and areas in planning and conducting selling activities in a manner that achieves maximum profitable volume at an acceptable selling cost. The responsibility of this position is directing the field managers in selling our highlypreferred products to End Users,Electrical Contractors, Distributors andEngineering Firms inIndustrial, Utility,Healthcare, Data Center and Construction segments.
- Plan and direct with Area Vice Presidents, District Managers, Area Managers, and Sales Representatives, specific methods to be used to insure maximum profitable selling activities based on sales potential.
- Analyze areas of responsibility, recommending change in sales force staffing, assignments and selling activities to produce maximum, profitable volume, at lowest selling cost.
- Partner with the VP of Service Sales to establish annual Sales Operating Plan, based on division’s plan, to coordinate selling efforts in the field which will meet the sales goals.
- Stimulate field sales contributions to new product development and improvement in present products.
- Recommend sales objectives by product or market that will improve sales performance.
- Analyze and evaluate probable future selling costs to determine and recommend selling expense budgets
- Experience in various sales and marketing roles with increasing responsibilities
- Proven leadership skills in managing people and channels
- High level of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work well with people across multiple functions
- Superior knowledge of sales techniques, customers, customer relations and employee development
- Strong knowledge of managing products and product applications
- Significant sales presence such as that the candidate can clearly command in difficult sales situations
- Experience growing sales and market share, channel development and developing employee talent
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 7years salesexperience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver's license
- Must legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Minimum of 5years’ experience managing people
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Marketing
- Prior people management experience
- Electricaldistribution product knowledge
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 047193