This position will be responsible for managing service personnel in the Regional Group Offices (RGO's), which includes Client Managers, Renewal Specialists, and Sales Support Associates. Will engage in assisting in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), measurement and monitoring of process improvement initiatives, training, communication, establishing and coaching to performance measures, best practices and will oversee their accountability for the implementation and adherence to the established processes and workflows. Will be responsible to manage the behavioral change required to effectively implement and achieve desired results. This role has a particular focus on building and implementing strategic change management plans concentrated around increasing the overall capabilities to design, implement, and sustain change.
- Assist in the implementation of the RGO Model Office, which includes implementing consistent business processes, change management strategies, including planning and leading implementation of process improvement and other change management activities in support of the initiatives and programs.
- Managerial Leader of Client Managers (100+), Renewal Specialists and Sales Support Associates in an assigned region. This includes oversight of daily activities, monitoring and management of business and transaction volumes, service strategy execution, re-enrollment strategies to drive increased enrollment, coaching/mentor to increase persistency/retention/profit, traveling to clients and brokers to coach/mentor on up-sell, presenting renewals, and driving the best practices to service, persist, renew, and grow the business.
- Partner and work in conjunction with local sales leadership (DMS/RD) to understand region specific issues and market potential to develop an environment that supports and drives profitable revenue growth through retention and add-issue sales, and promotes and drives operational efficiencies that are customer facing, quality oriented and cost effective.
- Manage elements of the sales support transformation, including organizational impact assessments, stakeholder alignment, training, internal communications, customer satisfaction, organization readiness, adoption of processes and proper measurement criteria. Accountable for the successful implementation and adoption of national standard processes and workflows with local sales offices.
- Identify and drive process improvement initiatives to drive efficiency in the sales regional offices. Ensure Client Managers (100+), Renewal Specialist, and Sales Support Associates have the right tools to be successful. Develop communication plans, quality programs, reports, and deploy best practices to effectively manage the Client Managers (100+), Renewal Specialists and Sales Support Associates in RGOs.
- Ensure effective performance management for the RGO Service personnel. Establish key performance metrics and measurement of performance to meet/exceed expected goals.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, facilitating change, defining and monitoring metrics and effectively communicating, coaching, and executing.
- Assist in the implementation of the new model office and change management strategies to support the initiative.
- Provide oversight of Client Managers. Renewal Specialists and Sales Support Associates, to drive consistent, efficient and effective process and workflow activities within regional sales offices while maintaining a customer service environment that directly supports driving increased revenue through great customer service resolution, re-enrollment, add-issues, and retention. Coach/mentor staff to meet/exceed expectations through actively participating in their work and meeting with clients/brokers to sell Guardian's account management/service model.
- Engage the team by providing business updates that aligns the RGO and organization's objectives, while maintaining an environment of trust.
- Develop and manage talent through effective development planning and performance management. Aligns goals, establishes performance metrics and monitors performance of the organization. Ensures effective staffing models are in place.
- Collaborate with all Sales Operations staff and Sales management to identify opportunities for process improvement. Develop plans for and lead implementation of any national workflow, processes or system changes which impact Client Managers, Renewal Specialists and Sales Support Associates. Develop and monitor impact of all workflow or process changes and recommend actions to adjust as necessary. Manage communication and training needs for implementation of multiple process improvement initiatives.
- Assist with budget preparation and reporting. Monitor and control expenses to meet own budget and support operational cost-containment goals. Continuously seek more efficient, less costly ways to manage the business.
This position reports to the Regional Director, Pacific Southwest Markets and matrix reports to the Director, Client Management.
- Four-year College Degree required; minimum 5-7 years of experience in Sales Operations management; advanced degree preferred. Will consider work experience equivalent.
- 5-10+ years of Field Service Regional Management experience (Sales Support, Retention, Enrollment add-issue, etc.)
- 5-10+ years of Account Management experience and Service Management
- Understanding of sales and service environment and activities
- Demonstrated ability to influence leaders, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thought leadership
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently but collaborates with peers to drive a consistent experience across all RGOs
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and communication skills
- Experience managing large-scale change initiatives
- Hands-on business processes redesign; experience designing and leading change management activities in restructuring/implementation
- Frequent travel to Regional Group Offices in territory, Home Office or training (<50% of time)
- Attendance/participation in sales management meetings and project meetings is required
- Must achieve required industry licensing within 90 days of date of hire and maintain license through completing Continuing Education requirements
- Frequent travel to Regional Group Offices in territory, Home Office or training (<50% of time) including Newport Beach, CA; Los Angeles, CA; San Diego, CA; and Tempe, AZ.
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans with no wait period
- Competitive compensation package
- 401k with company match
- Attractive Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition assistance program
- Wellness discounts
- Social responsibility is part of our mission. It stems from our corporate values of putting people first, doing the right thing, and holding ourselves to high standards.
- As a company and as employees, we are engaged in a variety of initiatives such as volunteering within our local communities, educational alliances with colleges, focusing on sustainability, and promoting diversity and inclusion.