Section 1: Position Summary
Responsible for managing a regional team of client service leaders in the delivery of world class client service to plan sponsors, advisors and financial partners. The Regional Service Director (RSD) will be responsible for driving production and quality measures within their region, while partnering with other RSD’s to ensure consistent adherence to policy and procedure. The RSD oversees talent selection, development, advancement, and succession planning within their region. The RSD will report to the National Head of Service for TPA Solutions.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, develop and lead a team of local managers provide world class service as measured by our Net Promotor Score (NPS) process
- Serves as a champion for the Ascensus I-Client Philosophy and ensures local managers are coaching to the principles contained therein
- Responsible for ensuring that staff adheres to Ascensus policy and procedures in the daily execution of our business
- Ensures staffing levels are appropriate to meet and sustain client service standards and plans ahead for inevitable changes in the business that impact staffing; such as attrition, internal promotion through career development, up and down turns in the business, efficiency gains in our operating model/
- Responsible for coaching and providing regular feedback to their direct reports, including the completion of performance planning, performance updates and the annual performance appraisal.
- Coordinate processes and procedures with other RSD’s to maintain adherence to Ascensus’ National TPA Strategy
- Plays a significant role in the strategic planning and direction of our business by participating in leadership meetings, supporting broader communications, and strategic planning.
- Responsible for Regional operating metrics with particular emphasis on revenue generation through disciplined reporting of ancillary services, revenue retention, efficiency gains from process improvement, compensation and related expense
- Develop staffing strategies for appropriate allocation of resources to meet business needs and client service commitments/objectives.
- Develop staff on industry knowledge, general business skills set, and professional development.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Advanced degree or industry specific certification (ASPPA, CEBS, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ supervisor/managerial industry experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of retirement plans and the services provided by Ascensus TPA Solutions including compliance and recordkeeping services.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record for talent selection and development
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Polished presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Proven Project Management Skills.
- Superior coaching and mentoring skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Ability to travel within designated region on a quarterly bases, with additional travel outside of region as needed