We’re currently looking for a Service Development Manager (SDM) to join our Northeast Region in Somerset, NJ. This role will identify Dealership aftersales potential, support Regional Aftersales Managers (RAM) and Fixed Operations Managers (FOM) on prioritizations, implementation, and follow up escalation. Focus on Technician capacity, Parts and Labor Revenue per active customer, customer retention strategies. Ensure Aftersales Field team has comprehension of national and regionalized initiatives and promote programs’ goals and objectives within dealerships.
- Clarify and communicate eligibility guidelines and other admin rules and op guidelines. Analyze performance of programs and provide needed recommendations. Monitor progressive dealership adoption of key initiatives. Assist with plan execution, implementation and effective utilization of new service ops tech by dealers including online reservation initiatives and digital media centers to ensure dealerships are capturing greater service volume, improving customer convenience and effectively presenting the Nissan brand and products. Address issues within region hindering its adoption and growth. Measure value and sales impact of programs for region and provides feedback on suggested improvements.
- Analyze dealerships in terms of expertise and practices relating to inventory management. Monitor regional daily stock order utilization and retail parts management inventory improvement program participation. Assist in the formulation of sales objectives and communications to the FOMs and Area General Managers based upon regional knowledge of market. Track sales base parts and accessory sales in dealerships. Analyze and report sales info to national management, regional management and regional staff.
- Provide sales analysis to regional management regarding evaluation of sales programs, market conditions and the sales activities of competitors. Assess impact of programs and promos on sales and suggests improvements to better drive sales. Monitor the customer experience within dealership including customer sat survey scores, as well as dealership pricing to ensure competitive and fair practices. Advise FOM and dealerships on improvement plans that will increase customer sat and retention.
- Monitor service advisor sales performance. Coordinate with Customer Experience Manager on identified patterns of Consumer Affairs issues in region’s dealerships service ops. Review file volume trends and customer survey data to aid field personnel in identifying dealer process issues. Alert FOM to issues that need to be addressed in dealerships that may be limiting or reducing base and accessory sales. Incorporate solutions for recurring issues into training and new standard processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of 6 years of progressive automotive Marketing and Sales experience including:
- Experience as Fixed Operations Manager (FOM) is required plus 1 additional prior assignment in regional or HQ staff role
- Prior work may be a combo within a dealership, region, HQ or manufacturing facility and may be at Specialist, Analyst or Regional Manager level or similar.
- Understanding of the Aftersales programs and practices of Nissan and their effective implementation within the dealerships.
- Ability to train and motivate others to follow desired procedures and practices. Previous experience supervising others and previous experience in a sales capacity is desirable.
- Working knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications to produce non-standard, creative products. Additional knowledge of sales related systems. Ability to present ideas and analysis in an effective manner.
- Ability to focus on the best interests of the dealership and Nissan. Can remain objective in the course of building relationships. Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Attentive to others opinions and perspectives. Ability to understand the complexities of situations and solicit assistance from others.
- Ability to influence actions of others by building credibility through dealership knowledge, effective recommendations, clear communications, honesty and demonstrated follow-up on promises. Result driven even in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Approximately 50% + domestic travel. Ability to prioritize own schedules and organize workload effectively with minimal daily supervision. Must reside in Regional market.