If you want to achieve more in your mission of healthcare, you have to be really smart about the business of healthcare. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what healthcare looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Reporting to the CEO of UnitedHealthcare Individual Exchange Business, the Regional Senior Executive Director will have responsibility for business performance and accountability for Individual Exchange operations in the multi-state regional territory. The Regional Senior Executive Director will work with the leadership team to develop our strategic plan and execute strategic initiatives designed to promote profitable growth. Working in a highly matrixed environment, this position will ensure alignment, coordination and execution of deliverables from key executives on the leadership team and cross functional groups. Market resources will have indirect reporting responsibility to the Regional Senior Executive Director to help ensure business performance and execution across the market portfolio. Finally, the Regional Senior Executive Director serves as the key leader in the senior management team that links strategic planning objectives across all functional areas with local market needs and execution, including responsibility for managing the relationship with the local market CEO.
If you are located in the Southeast region of the U.S., you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Develops strong relationships with functional partners across IEX leadership team
- Develops strong team (direct or indirect) and marshals resources (aligning people, funding, material, support) to achieve growth and retention of new and existing business in the region
- Prioritizes, sets goals and ensures they are achieved on time and on budget
- Orchestrates multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Directs the preparation of forecasts, budgets and long-term plans based on objectives, initiatives and resources of the region
- Reviews and collaborates on strategy, performance and operational execution with all functional areas
- Execution of Regional Market Strategy
- Understands unique market opportunities and develops regional strategies and tactics with functional partners
- Works with the regional and local leadership including Health Plan CEOs and RCEOs in Community & State and Employer & Individual businesses to develop and ensure alignment of region-wide strategies
- Supports UnitedHealthcare national strategies and messages by tailoring initiatives to fit the local markets within the region
- Sales and Member Retention
- Influences sales strategy, tactics and execution
- Interfaces with product team supporting local product strategies
- Represents the business needs with product team - for new and existing products
- Focuses on managing and streamlining the offerings in all markets
- Consults on marketing and community outreach strategy for individual markets
- Develops and enhances key relationships with State Partners and advocacy groups, builds loyalty, persistency
- Compliance / Regulatory Management & Government Affairs
- Ability to represent business and local market. Can serve as face to market as needed or support local CEO as needed
- Supports initiatives that require compliance to corporate legal or regulatory policies
- Focuses on cultivating/managing public policy issues at regional level
- Matrix Management
- Work with key UHG leaders to set priorities and oversee results for shared resources including finance and actuarial, clinical, network and provider relations, operations and Optum activities
- Establish and participate in operating team meetings to review performance against goals, and identify business opportunities for UHG
- Performs strategic role as a point of escalation for all functions
- Ensures service delivery from shared services partners
- Helps support relationship and operational performance of enterprise partners and dependencies
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
Preferred Qualifications: Careers with UnitedHealthcare.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of health industry experience with health plan / insurance experience within a large complex organization including Commercial / ACA, Medicaid and / or Medicare
- 8+ years of experience in leadership roles, including developing and leading high performance teams and managing matrix relationships
- Expert at strategic conceptualization both at a local level and also within the framework of being a part of a national organization
- Solid understanding of operations, reporting and forecasting; ability to quickly aggregate and analyze information, draw conclusions, set a path of action and mobilize the team effectively
- Ability to assess program /initiative needs and create relevant plans; can simplify complex processes can see opportunities for synergy and integration; sets objectives and goals; detail-oriented and thorough
- Strong project management skills; demonstrated history of managing significant and complex projects; sets vision / strategy, tactical plans, and leads professionals to execute against those plans
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity - can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, comfortably handles risk and uncertainty; proven ability to take appropriate risk to advance our business, isn't just a "play-it-safe" person
- Demonstrated leadership and hands-on experience, strong leader and motivator with the ability to mentor talent within the organization; able to provide work direction
- Strong communicator; capable of effectively presenting ideas and selling concepts and tactics; excellent writer, proven ability to communicate effectively with executive-levels; ability to quickly understand needs and act on those needs; ability to conceptualize and effectuate change management and "out-of-the-box" thinking
- Ability to establish trust of business partners and other members of leadership team; builds effective relationships both inside and outside the organization; uses diplomacy and tact
- Self-starter who acts independently and directs own work
- P&L experience; strong financial and analytical skills
- Must reside within a commutable distance from one of the Southeast region markets
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $169,500 to $322,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: telecommute, remote, work from home, 914883