Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx, is a leading distributor of building products in North America. Employing over 1,500 people, BlueLinx offers thousands of products from suppliers all over the world to service over 10,000 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The Company operates its distribution business through a vast network of distribution centers located throughout the U.S. BlueLinx is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BXC.
Position Purpose Summary:
Serves as outside sales Engineered Lumber product specialist assigned to a specific product or group of products. Typically has responsibility for anassigned geographical area (sales district or region). This role has extensive knowledge, typically technical, depth and experience within assigned product group. Works closely with outside and inside sales representatives to support their customer base.Assists outside and inside sales representatives in all aspects of the sales process for assigned product group to include identifying new opportunities; developing sales solutions; closing sales opportunities; negotiating pricing; providing outstanding customer service and follow-up.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Engineered Lumber background with a focus on Products and Technical EL.
- Works with inside and outside sales representatives to identify new sales opportunities with new and existing customers for assigned product(s).
- Improves profitability, product penetration, product mix, and inventory turns with all customers for assigned product(s).
- May be responsible for selling large volumes of assigned product to targeted accounts in geographical area.
- Ensures effective product performance and promotes good customer/supplier relations.
- Assists all customers with sales and technical support for assigned products. Also, responsible for resolving all customer service issues related to assigned product.
- Develops sales solutions and competitive pricing strategies for assigned product(s). Communicates value proposition to customers. Propose sales solutions to customers and reevaluate solutions where necessary (may work individually or in conjunction with sales representatives).
- Provides product selection, product information, and pricing. Answers inventory and pricing questions for customers and sales.
Working knowledge of assigned product line, customer support/service, market analysis, sales forecasting, products, pricing, and inventory management.
Possesses well developed consultative selling skills, negotiation and communication skills.
Negotiates prices, provides market updates, prospects, evaluating current and potential sales.
Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant sales systems technology.
5-7+ years experience with BS / BA or equivalent industry experience preferred.