Under the general direction of the Area Director and in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws/regulations and within corporate J&J procedures and guidelines, this position will:
- Work closely with VP of Sales, Area Director, Regional Business Manager, training and marketing teams to educate and develop the sales team with the tools, support and education needed to perform optimally
- The Regional Sales Specialist will provide expert clinical product and technical assistance and training to physicians and staff on the effective use during case procedures within an assigned geography, and in a manner that leads to meeting and exceeding business goals.
- Instill Credo values and leads with integrity
- Communicate business related issues and/or opportunities to next management level.
- Partner with sales consultants to develop sales skills, strategies and territory and focused sales plans.
- Use consultative selling techniques to accurately assess customer needs, opportunities, and potential barriers at strategic accounts, establishing an adoption plan leading to business growth and sales goal attainment.
- Coordinate with Regional Business Managers to develop a customized development program for targeted field-based sales consultants while working within the targeted territory
- Train, mentor and coach field-based sales consultants including with:
- Physician training and field-based marketing
- Targeting, messaging and pre-call planning
- Utilization and compliance with Quality System requirements applicable to tasks performed by field-sales consultants
- Completion of the weekly and quarterly planning tools, as well as accurate and timely reconciliation of emergency stock on a monthly basis.
- Identify growth opportunities in key accounts, establish sales strategies, roles and responsibilities and lead sales team in securing and growing business.
- Perform other duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 7 years of outside sales experience, including experience selling medical devices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet and exceed sales goals in a commission-driven position
- Experience introducing market development programs to physician practices
- Valid Driver’s License