As a recognized employer of choice, Eaton Corporation recruits and retains talented employees who are interested in making a long-term commitment to an organization that continually invests in the latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment as well as its employees. Eaton’s Energy Automation Solutions business has an immediate opening for a Regional Sales Specialist. The Energy Automation Solutions (EAS) division delivers intelligent energy solutions by combining power systems expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers generate, deliver, and manage energy safely, efficiently, and reliably. EAS provides a range of power delivery and reliability, automation and control, advanced metering and demand response solutions designed to increase efficiency and smart operations. The EAS business serves customers in the utility, commercial, industrial, mining, renewable energy and other markets. With a spirit of innovation crossing decades, EAS is proud of its ground-breaking innovations through customer collaboration, long-standing commitment to investing in R&D, five Innovation Centers around the world, more than 10,000 patents held globally, and its award-winning solutions in power delivery, power quality, power reliability and end customer automation in the utility space. The technical skills, innovative thinking and the tireless dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest resources.
This member of the EAS sales team will focus on the sales of Distribution and Substation Automation (DA & SA) solutions within a specified region of North American. Along with DA and SA solutions, this position will sell or refer others to sell additional EAS offerings such as Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Demand Response (DR) or any third-party applications such as Eaton may have a relationship with. This position is responsible for calling on Investor Owned Utilities, Electric Cooperatives, Public Utility Districts, and Municipals in order to develop compelling value propositions for potential customers in the firm’s target markets.
- Establishing working relationships and frameworks with strategic customers that identify articulated and unarticulated needs and collaboratively develop solutions
- Establishing working relationships with key influencers and decision makers within utility industry, municipalities and key organizations
- Determining market segmentation, identifying key target accounts and executing a strategic sales plan for those accounts
- Leveraging key relationships as needed to identify emerging needs and solutions
- Reviewing RFPs and providing content and direction as necessary through the entire procurement process
- Developing formal presentations for both internal and external use
- Providing insight to Product Marketing and Engineering regarding current and future product direction
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the electrical or utility industry
- Minimum 1 yearexperience in sales
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- No Sponsorship is being offered for this position. Candidate must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 80 kilometres of Mississauga, Oakville, Hamilton, Milton, or Burlington, Canada to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering or Computer Science
- Master’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in sales or marketing
- Experience working with public power
- Experience with SmartGrid solutions, Substation automation, and/or Distribution Automation
- Project management experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in sales or marketing
- Ability to lead teams without direct authority
- Strong drive for results and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently
- Solid business acumen and decision making skills
- Knowledge of competitor products and channels in the utility industry
- Understanding of transmission & electricaldistribution systems for utilities
- Experience managing complex technical sales processes with long cycles
- Strategic selling or similar training
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 039923