Legal Managed Services (LMS) is an exciting new global business line for Thomson Reuters Legal. This is a unique opportunity for a Sales Representative to be part of a cutting-edge, dynamic organization created specifically to meet the growing challenges faced by legal and compliance professionals working at the most prominent corporations, law firms and government agencies in the world.
The Sales Representative, Financial Services provides an integrated suite of legal support services to meet the needs of in-house corporate counsel and litigators within the world’s top financial institutions. We seek individuals who possess a unique combination of legal services, staffing, and business development experience to drive sales of our exceptional full suite of managed services with a strong focuses on eDiscovery and regulatory change management. The Sales Representative, Financial Services is a sales expert role, responsible for optimizing the sales of legal solutions products and managed services.
This position requires deep understanding of litigation (especially document review), the legal industry in general and financial services legal departments. It also requires a deep knowledge of typical legal workflows and challenges faced by financial services corporate legal departments and their outside counsel.
The Sales Representative, Financial Services will be focused on growing the LMS business through the development of new clients and prospects within the financial services sector. The role requires an individual that can navigate complex financial services organizations and legal departments, and align LMS’ offerings to their business challenges. The ideal candidate will be a self starter with in-depth knowledge of the legal ecosystem as well as how complex corporations and law firms perform key legal functions. The individual must excel at establishing and fostering executive level connections both in and out of the legal space, and have demonstrated ability to work well with a team of associates and/or delivery team.
Legal Managed Services/Sales/Financial Services
- Generate revenue based on a mutually agreed-upon portfolio of large financial services companies.
- Thoroughly analyze and understand current and potential client needs and objectives in order to successfully determine the appropriate solutions.
- Establish and maintain relationships at the senior most levels in large corporations (GC, AGC of litigation, Legal COO, VP Procurement, etc.) and law firms (associates, senior associates, partners, etc.).
- Operate collaboratively in a rapidly evolving environment with highly motivated teammates.
- Educate and inform financial services corporations and their counsel of the value propositions surrounding legal process outsourcing, managed document review and eDiscovery.
- Collaborate with clients, the LMSsales team and delivery/operations throughout the sales cycle to design and build compelling, high-quality sales presentations, proposals, etc.
- Understand and comply with LMS’ sales methodology and effectively engage required resources throughout the process in order to increase close rates.
- Perform salesforecasting, account planning and other related tasks needed to grow assigned business profitably.
- Accurately reflect all sales-related activity in Salesforce.com
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; JDpreferred.
- 5+ years of legal experience, ideally in-house or with top tier law firm preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge about and experienceworking with large financial services legal departments strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the litigation, electronic discovery environment and the transactional corporate legal space.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow relationships and negotiate deals effectively.
- Strong understanding and experience with Solution Selling and Consultative Sales.
- Excellent analytical, communications, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Confidence and ability to interface professionally with a wide spectrum of C level executives.
- Strong business acumen, ethics and high integrity.
- Up to 25% travelrequired, as necessary.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on th