Regional Sales Representative
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Packaging
This position will report directly to the VP of Sales and Marketing based in the Philadelphia, PA area. The individual will be directly engaged in sales activities to sell the complete product portfolio of packaging equipment to existing and new customers in the designated territory. This position will require sales skills and experience to directly contact people in the Corporate and Plant environments.
- 5+ years of salesexperience in packaging equipment or related equipment.
- Salesexperience in technical sales.
- Demonstrated ability to contact new customers.
- Ability to work with existing customers to help determine new equipment needed for additional lines or replacement.
- Be engaged with customers to help guide their support/service needs.
- Assist customers and prospects in the layout of their packaging needs to support their production requirements.
- Experience in Value Selling (being able to help customers provide the ROI/Justifications to secure funding for projects).
- Experience in the selling process to assess real opportunities and determine the decision makers; timing of business; and any hurdles which need to be addressed to secure the business.
- Good track record of securing new customer appointments.
- Experience in working with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Experience working independently and most likely from home
- Ability to travel50 -60% in the assigned territory by car and air.
- Experience in competitive selling
- Knowledge of people in the manufacturing/packaging industry is a bonus.
- Membership in one or more Packaging Industry Associations
- Ability to work from home office