We believe that connecting with others over the adventure and stoke of snowboarding is one of the best feelings ever. As part of the Sales team, you’ll be harnessing this enthusiasm and excitement to build and maintain the best possible relationships with our customers. Starting with our industry-leading products, you’ll be supporting our commitment to elevating the rider’s experience with superior customer service.
Burton is looking for an experienced softgoods sales rep to join our Southern California team. The softgoods rep’s ultimate responsibility is to drive and grow Burton’s softgoods business in the defined territory. The softgoods sales rep will manage existing and develop new dealers across multiple distributionchannels within defined territory. The Sales Rep is the primary, day to day sales contact for these dealers and is responsible for driving successful sell-in, sell-thru and service programs for the softgoods category of Burton business with these dealers. This position is a part of a team and is a part of assuring success across all categories of business. Additionally, this role is responsible for collaborating with internal partners in Burton’s Marketing, Operations, Finance and Product department to secure the required assets, sales programs, and product assortments to support the plan.
What You Get To Do:
- Services all accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing and potential dealers.
- Provides best in class customer service through building relationships and issue resolution.
- Responsible for education of dealer sales staff on all categories through but not limited to seasonal clinics, regular visits, and regional events.
- Works with Burton internal Merchandising team to establish and implement best in class merchandising standards throughout assigned territory.
- Develop and manage relationships with all key departments within specific Account Base (Merchandising / Buying, Marketing, Store Operations, Finance, etc).
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses as determined by the Senior Sales Rep.
- Prepares and submits reports and seasonal briefs to Senior Sales Rep including forecasts, competitor analysis and sales opportunities in both existing and potential dealers. Gathers current marketplace information on sell through, pricing, products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc. and recommends changes in products, pricing, service, and policy.
- Work with internal teams to ensure that pre-required information is fulfilled within a timely manner, i.e. dealer agreements, vendor compliance, legal contracts, credit applications, etc.
- Conduct otherresponsibilities as assigned, and will be flexible to assist the sales team outside of Account Base as necessary.
What You'll Bring:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3+ years of successful salesexperience. Experience in the action sports or outdoor industries is preferred. This position requires a solid understanding of the needs, trends, fashions etc. of the company’s core consumer. Additionally, the following skills and abilities are required:
- Strong product merchandising background and experience in the outerwear and apparel industry.
- The ability to visualize product assortments and influence dealer’s assortment planning process in support of Burton’s goals
- Ability to work remotely. Self-motivated, self-starter, results driven
- Strong time & priority management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong MS office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong customer service skills
- Negotiating and closing skills
- Prospecting skills