- Formulate and execute sales plan to meet or exceed financial targets.
- Develop and maintain a list of target customers by industry in region and implement sales strategy to win business.
- Lead the business development effort at targeted customers and assist in contract negotiations.
- Manage the forecasting function to identify and track sales to attainment of targets.
- Analyze local market environment relative to competitive positioning and product capabilities.
- Be subject matter expert about current industry and technology trends and be able to detail needs of target segments.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows.
- Prepare written presentations, reports, and price quotations.
- Ability to up sell and sell additional products/services in support of other ASG Products brands.
- Develop positive relationships with customers, channel partners, sales representatives, and ASG employees.
- Present new products, maintain pricing levels, manage customer requests, capture V.O.C., update and maintain C.R.M. where applicable.
- Develop technical targeted sales presentations for OEMs to promote education of ASG products, how they are applied, and encourage product placement.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred in Engineering, Sales, Business Administration. MBA preferred
6-8 years Sales experience required in Industrial and/or Mobile Equipment markets.
Technical Sales and/or application engineering experience.
Skill Requirements (Technical, Communication, Interpersonal, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to handle detail and follow through on work projects.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical application of products.
- Must possess the ability to effectively manage customer relationships and demonstrate effective salesmanship in a professional and ethical manner.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in the following programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email systems (Outlook).
- Ability to project image of professional salesperson.
- Ability to manage, lead and develop team members.
- Ability to collaborate with marketing, product management, operations and other teams as required and influence to achieve required resources.