Our search practice has been retained by a longtime OEM in new technology around superheaters, electric/electrode/ steam/hot water boilers and equipment marketplace, to secure a regional sales manager for central part of the United States. This role involves managing a proven group of rep agencies and channel partners that is on a expansion curve, with strong income potential. You can live and work anywhere in the central U.S. with access to major airport. If you enjoy capital equipment sales in a technical market and big projects, this is the place to be.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
• Knows how to move the sale forward: Uses effective sales management process for identifying market opportunities; actively generates and manages pipeline; provides detailed updates/forecasting on sales activities; aligns sales efforts with channel reps/inside sales to ensure order completion
• Takes a strategic approach, understands the customer mix and buying criteria, actively develops a strategic plan to “win” business; knows how to sell against competitors; provides business insights/expertise to recommend best approach to maximize sale and customer satisfaction; anticipate and adjust to market trends
• Understands how to negotiate- actively supports channel reps with pricing, terms, warranties for customer; pulls appropriate levers for pricing against competitors; ensure inside sales reps have critical information to create accurate/competitive quotes
• Takes a consultative sales approach, gathers a broad base knowledge of end user needs through/with channel reps to ensure right solution is sold ; asks questions to uncover relevant data/context; builds relationship of trust with channel reps/end users
• Builds collaborative relationships with channel reps/customers; actively maintains positive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders
• Presents in a compelling and engaging manner; adjust technical content and approach to the needs of the audience; effective answering technical questions and sharing business insights
• Coaches and develops channel reps on company policy/product lines and technical application; conducts lunch and learns with channel reps; actively supports new channel reps in getting up to speed in their territory.
• Managing the channel rep network; understands individual channel reps territory strategy, end user needs and applications; accurately assesses each reps revenue, sales ability and product niches; supports each reps ability to grow revenue
• Responsive and timely communication, keep stakeholders “in the loop”; demonstrate a sense of urgency when following up on internal/external requests Functional – key experiences for RSM role
• Experience training and educating channel reps
• Prefer experience managing reps with multi brands
• Sales management experience working with direct sales/distributors/ independent reps
RSM Success Profile 2020
• Experience managing a territory (8-15 states) and 5 – 12/15 million dollars revenue
• Willingness to travel 30-40% as pandemic subsides
• Received sales training; application of sales process fundamentals
• Bachelors and/or Engineering degree desired
• Industry experience outweighs educational background
• Subject matter expert knowledge of steam/hot water boilers and/or boiler room equipment
• Broad competitive market and product knowledge
• Action oriented
• Strives for growth and expansion of the business
Compensation: Salary ranges from 95-110k, with an incentive plan history of an additional 20-30k in commission/bonuses, plus expenses, benefits, etc.
If you have a sales history of strong results in new business development managing reps and pull thru sales modeling, this will be a great fit for you.
Valid through: 11/11/2020