Responsible for develop and executing Government Sales strategies through assigned Regional Sales markets. This position will drive sales performance by building and sustaining strong relationships with VA employees at VISN and local levels while working with, mentoring, and teaching local Sales Managers and Representatives to successfully negotiate within the Government rules and regulations, and with those customers.
- Develop and execute government VA sales strategies and activities in assigned area of responsibility with potential areas nationwide and abroad.
- Foster a continuous process improvement approach with a drive towards continuous sales growth.
- Schedule strategic visits to VA Medical Centers, identify growth opportunities and resolve barriers to market entry.
- Initiate, build, and grow existing customer relationships and engagement; drive long-term customer loyalty and retention.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the Veterans Administration and other government systems; utilize relationships to improve sales and payment practices.
- Increase sales effectiveness through the development and maintenance of quick quoting templates.
- Maintain Contract compliance requirements for the Department of Veterans Affairs; ensure optimal use of consignment agreements reducing the risk of loss
- Provide support for Department of Defense Contractual actions, as required.
- Foster effective relationships with current and prospective thirdparty suppliers; seek out new sources for potential growth.
- Challenge third party distributors yielding increased sales opportunities
- Track monthly progress against goals; identify: Successes, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT).
- Focus on customer satisfaction through teamwork and empowerment, solve problems using a consultative approach.
- Ensure timely order acknowledgment within VA ordering systems; ensure timely invoice closure enabling revenue recognition.
- Manage/update price lists; perform audits ensuring compliance
- Determine barriers to Contract performance, investigate discrepancies and develop detailed action plans.
- Utilize Risk management and risk mitigation techniques. • Review contracts and assist leadership in developing quotes and responses to inquiries.
- Coordinate activities and provide supplemental leadership in local territories to establish individual sales strategies, obtain appropriate approvals for pricing, and ensure delivery.
- Maintain knowledge of market trends, competitive actions, product needs, and customer base.
- Work with Marketing to develop project-specific sales strategies for assigned government customers.
- Utilize various government web sites and other sources to identify requests for quotes and business opportunities.
- Provide appropriate training for local Sales Representatives and Managers; provide necessary tools to finalize Government sales.
- Develop and maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools; capitalize on revenue generating interactions.
- Ensure all laws, rules, and regulations are strictly adhered to for the Government hospitals and healthcare systems.
- Consult with legal counsel ensuring Contract Compliance.
- Direct experience assisting sales finalization; experience developing complex sales quotations and managing discounts.
- 3-5 years of experience in the design and deployment of successful strategic programs.
- Experience utilizing Oracle programs to process reoccurring actions.
- Experience in medical device or pharmaceutical sales; prefer this experience include experience in Government sales.
- Demonstrated track record of overachieving sales, financial or operational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and influence key business partners.
- Demonstrated expertise in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to make effective presentations.
- Demonstrated integrity, patience, follow-through skills and ability to strategize.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly identify opportunities in a business situation, influence the outcome, and persuade the players; adept emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Consult with legal counsel ensuring full compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation, Trade Agreement Act, Buy American Act, and other specific Government requirements, as required.
- Complex data analysis skills; Excel pivot table creation, Variance analysis’, Comparison customer analysis’; justify and support existing/proposed pricing methodologies.
Work From Home: YesTravel Percentage: Up to 75%Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.