About The Role:
The Regional Sales Manager (“RSM”) is responsible for Vena’s sales activities and success partnering with our midmarket segment of potential prospect and existing customer organizations in their allocated geographic Territory. An RSM will successfully drive to meet or exceed their targeted quota, applicable volume and quality of sales activity while following the Vena sales methodology.
An RSM will proactively contribute to your Territory’s on-the-ground sales and marketing initiatives and contribute to ongoing improvements in sales effectiveness and productivity. You will collaborate across the Vena organization, including with Sales Team members, Marketing, Professional Services, Customer Success and Product Teams.
- As your Territory’s Vena expert, advocate and brand-leader, you will own the sales execution and performance in your Territory with prospects and customers. You will participate in guiding sales strategy, and ongoing improvement for your Territory.
- Provide the highest levels of personal leadership and accountability and be an essential partner in ensuring the Company meets its sales targets.
- Directly responsible for ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of your reporting and metrics. Own the visibility and completeness of your sales reporting, including sales activities, pipeline status and forecast updates.
- Partner as needed with all Vena Teams to improve and drive sales with appropriate awareness and sensitivity to those Teams requirements, dependencies and operations with the objective of complete cross functional transparency and alignment.
- Always support Vena’s remote inside sales and/or partner teams as needed to promote the Vena brand and drive Territory revenue, engagement and development.
- Actively participate in reviews of your, your Team and the Company’s actual and forecast performance, providing feedback on decision making and submitting recommendations to continually promote speed, improved effectiveness and efficiency.
- Relentlessly drive to achieve your performance targets in key areas such as:
- Quarterly and annual net new software revenue (as measured by annual recurring revenue (“ARR”)) generation.
- Prospecting activity through own efforts, guiding and leveraging sales development resources and working alongside the Vena Partner network.
- Pipeline build and ongoing development to secure appropriate coverage and facilitate confidence in forecasts.
- Customer expansion ARR.
- Specific responsibilities include:
- Ownership of your targets and the associated metrics and analytics.
- Attendance at weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales meetings including Quarterly Business Review, Kick Off, Training and Planning.
- Successfully complete onboarding and ongoing sales certification standards.
- Being the best sales partner to other teams including Solution Consulting, Professional Services and Customer Success.
- Using Vena’s systems (currently include Salesforce.com, Salesloft, LinkedIn) to optimize your efficiency and ensure all your activities and metrics are reported accurately and with the required details.
- Supporting and owning local Vena (such as Vena 360, Vena Experience, Vena Customer Exchange) and/or third party events (such as at vendor, partner or industry conferences).
- Promoting the Vena brand to prospects, customers and partners, and at all times acting in accordance with Vena’s values and policies.
- Participate in attracting and mentoring sales team members and always be developing Vena’s high performance, creative, innovative and results-driven Sales Team. Be responsible for contributing to a team culture that is dedicated to growth, collaboration, accountability and respect.
What You Bring to the Team?
- 3+ years of proven and consistent success in similar RSM-roles, working with the Finance Teams of midmarket and larger organizations to guide them through complex sales cycles (multistage presentations, demonstrations, proof of concept and ARR of $25,000+).
- 5+ years total experience in a quota carrying frontline sales and sales developments role including within high growth SaaS sales team(s) and/or larger enterprise vendors (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Workday, etc.) and/or 3+ years experience as a sales development expert in a relevant vendor/sell-to Finance/business process solution environment.
- Heavy new logo and Territory development experience.
- You will ideally have applicable experience in “sell to a Finance audience” and Finance Process and Accounting expertise/knowledge.
- Drive performance through creativity, lead-by-example leadership, compelling communication and inspiration. You will have excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to build initial and sustained relationships with senior management and C-suite Finance stakeholders.
- Proven reputation as a sales professional who exemplifies and fits with Vena’s values.
- Experience working with CRM and Marketing automation solutions such as Salesforce, SalesLoft, LinkedIn, etc.
- Bachelor or Masters degree.