Regional Sales Manager - Utility
This position is responsible for coordinating wire and cable sales for the West region (CA, NV & HI), by establishing and maintaining a solid working relationship with Investor Owned Utilities, Public Power utility accounts, and distributors while attaining sales targets and growing the General Cable business within each account. The preferred location for this position is within San Diego County, CA.
Nature and Scope
Reporting to the SalesDirector, Western Region, Electric Utility Cables, this position is accountable for sales targets, forecasts and delivering results within margin guidelines. This position manages more than $15 million in sales and has extensive contact with new and existing accounts, distributors, agents and prospects within the geographic region.
- Establish and maintain ethical and professional relationships with customers (internal and external), prospects and industry associates
- Develop and execute a sales plan for the assigned territory
- Identify and target new prospects within the Electric Utility market
- Expand utility cable sales (depth and breadth) within existing accounts
- Analyze customer and prospect activity and respond as required to meet sales plan
- Schedule and execute direct sales calls on all centers of influence at the Utilities both Public Power and Investor Owned Utilities (Supply Chain, Standards, Project Engineering, Warehouse, Construction Management, etc.)
- Develop and deliver oral and written presentations to customers and prospects
- Coordinate resolution of customer issues with appropriate internal resources (sales administration, product management, manufacturing, engineering, credit etc.).
- Generate and communicate to management market intelligence.
- Work with other General Cable product channels (i.e. Communications & Industrial) to assist in forecasting and selling of non-utility products within the utility marketplace.
- Communicate new pricing, product and related industry information to customers and prospects timely.
- Promote and facilitate product training and plant tours with customers and prospects
- Assist product managers with pricing decisions, product introduction, inventory decisions and major product group forecasting.
- Communicate overall customer needs and concerns to management
- Participate in regional trade shows as required
- Appropriate coverage will require travel throughout the states of California, Nevada, and Hawaii
- Professional, poised, aggressive, self-starter, quick learner, persuasive
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship builder
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent Account Management skills
- Technically oriented, with technical knowledge of the electric utility infrastructure
- Works productively in unstructured environment, emotionally stable
- PC literate (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- CRM literate (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Demonstrated ability to sell and meet assigned sales goals
- Bachelors degree (technical preferred)
- Minimum 3-5 years outside salesexperience, preferably with utility, utility product manufacturer or utility distributor
- Knowledge of utility industry & product.