UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The Global Fire Products group at UTC Climate, Controls & Security is dedicated to providing product and technology designed to protect people and property from the effects of fire and its related hazards. As the world’s largest manufacturer of fire safety products, the Global Fire Products group meets the safety needs of homes and businesses by providing fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, mechanical locking systems, fire alarm control panels, gas and flame detection, fire suppression systems and mass notification solutions. Notable brands within the group are Kidde, Firex, Badger, Vigilant, Fenwal, Det-Tronics, Fireye and Edwards.
As the world’s largest manufacturer of fire safety products, Kidde’s mission is to provide solutions that protect people and property from the effects of fire and its related hazards. For more than 90 years industry leaders, the military, airlines and firefighters have relied on Kidde to deliver superior fire detection and suppression. Consumers will find that same advanced fire safety technology in Kidde's residential and commercial smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, fire extinguishers and other life safety products.
This Position will be covering the Virginia, Maryland, Delaware Mid-Atlantic States Region and applicants are expected to be living in this geography.
- Meeting or exceeding established regional territory sales targets thru strategic planning and promotion across multiple verticals
- Evaluate and augment the vertical markets on a quarterly basis to enhance future sales growth
- Responsible for developing and implementing monthly sales forecasts and providing monthly business review to Channel and Sales Director in relation to overall plan performance
- Responsible for providing sales expertise and technical resources to support regional territory to reach and exceed target sales volume goals
- Develop and promote strong product and application knowledge to the vertical markets, consulting engineers and end users
- Responsible for managing third party sales force and communicating corporate strategy and growth expectations
- Build strong relationships based on trust and open communications at all levels within regional territory vertical markets
- The ability to discuss sales and business issues, negotiate and resolve challenges is critical
- Create quarterly and annual action plans based upon opportunities identified within the territory and in line with company goals and objectives
- Investigate customer complaints and make recommendations to management for settlement
- Interface with all levels of corporate personnel to promote sales and customer satisfaction
- Obtain and manage current information from customers regarding pricing, products and promotions
- Convey significant industry and customer developments to management. Participate in industry trade associations and trade shows
- 3 - 5 years’ experience selling Fire Detection and Suppression products through multiple vertical markets in a defined territory
- 3 or more years’ experience in creating, managing and implementing strategic sales plans
- Working knowledge of fire and building codes is a plus but not required
- Must possess excellent verbal communication and customer service skills, along with the skill set to present product solutions to customer base
- Ability to work with an established saleschannel to meet quota, and will document & execute sales strategies for the assigned territory
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Overnight domestic travel of up to 60% may be required
- Must be able to work in a Team environment
- Product knowledge and application experience in Detection and Suppression products a plus
- Bachelor's degree with 6–10+ years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.