Regional Sales Manager, Trust & Fiduciary Consulting
Regional Sales Manager, Trust & Fiduciary Consulting- Great Lakes
Department: Raymond James Trust
Location: Northeast & Great Lakes, extensive travel required: up to 70%
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Raymond James Trust is hiring an experienced Trust Consultant to manage the development and sale of new current fee and future fee personal trust accounts in the Great Lakes and Northeast areas.
Our ideal team member will:
- Manages the sale of personal trust accounts to clients of Raymond James affiliated Financial Advisors with branch locations within a specified geographic region.
- Manages the sale of personal trust accounts to individuals who are not Raymond James affiliated Financial Advisors from any geographic region.
- Performs public speaking at seminars designed to train and educate professional tax and legal advisors, current and prospective clients, and Financial Advisors.
- Prepares sales illustrations, seminar outlines and other documentation used in the sales and marketing of trust services.
- Builds and maintains working relationships through communication and personal meetings with the client the Financial Advisor and the client’s professional legal and tax advisors.
- Supplies technical estate tax and estate planning information in response to Financial Advisor and client inquiries.
- Reviews trusts, wills and other documents to determine whether the company can serve in a fiduciary capacity.
- Plans and executes an efficient and extensive personal travel schedule generally exceeding 70% of this individual’s time.
- Plans, assigns, monitors, reviews, evaluates and leads the work of assigned staff.
- May perform human resource management activities, including coaching and mentoring subordinates, identifying performance problems and seeking guidance for remedial action and participating in interviewing and selecting staff.
- May coach and mentor subordinates and identifies training needs and create development plans.
- Establishes objectives and develops processes and procedures for subordinates to ensure efficient and timely work flow.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- IRS Gift and Estate Tax Code laws, Uniform Principal and Income Act (UPAIA), and general Trust Laws, rules and regulations.
- Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of income tax planning and preparation process.
- Advanced concepts, principles and practices of personal trust administration process.
- Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
- Financial markets, products, financial advisory function and investment process.
- Broad knowledge of Finance and Accounting.
- Basic management and supervisory principles.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to provide a high level of customer service.
- Cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent public presentation skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
- Operating standard office equipment and ability to learn software applications including computer based trust accounting systems and other common estate planning software programs.
- Proven ability to sell trust services.
- Function in a professional office environment.
- Demonstrate efficiency and flexibility in performing detailed transactional tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions.
- Provide efficient service to internal and external clients.
- Perform human resource management activities.
- Identify training needs and coach/ mentor more junior staff.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
- Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Work independently, make non-routine decisions and resolve complex problems.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels, including senior management.
- Lead meetings and contribute to team efforts by ensuring all relevant information is included in the outcomes.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, including negotiation resources.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in business, finance or related discipline and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience with personal trust accounts in a sales or business development capacity with prior management/leadership responsibilities.
Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
J.D. strongly preferred.