The role of the Regional Sales Manager will manage a team of Field Energy Advisors and is responsible for team metrics, ongoing development, mentoring, training, and process improvement. You will manage relationships with the Energy Specialist teams to ensure lead volume and objectives are exceeded in your assigned territory. We expect members of this team to become experts in our products, in our direct-from-manufacturer sales model, that have made Tesla innovators in the Energy industry. As a team, we all work together to help our products affect and enrich more lives around the world every day.
- Leadership : Lead, manage, and motivate a team of Field Energy Advisors to become experts in energy products, contracts, and our low pressure sales approaches.
- Team Development: Conduct regular team meetings and individual performance reviews for continued development.
- Relationship Management : Develop and maintain positive cross functional relationships with internal teams to ensure ongoing success of team goals.
- Process Improvement: Continually evaluate lead generation and sales approach to increase effectiveness of the team.
- Reporting: Provide regular team reports to management and be able to speak to sales trends and focus areas based on data.
- Goal Setting: Partner with leadership to align territory goals and metrics.
- Team Management: Responsible for team staffing and partnering in recruitment efforts in the territory.
- Be a team player. We want teammates with a proactive, never-fail attitude in the face of adversity, ambiguous situations, and a lack of managerial oversight. You should have the ability to work and motivate yourself independently while also working with teammates for the greater good of the team and company.
- Self-motivated and passionate with ability to work effectively in a highly automated and collaborative sales environment.
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts.
- Proven track record to meet/exceed team and individual sales targets.
- Positive and energetic presentation skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills.
- Experience managing and developing teams.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, internet navigation, CRM applications- preferably Salesforce).
- At least three years of proven sales success and B2C experience.
- Proven ability to develop a book of business and experience projecting sales numbers.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check.
- Must have or be able to obtain any required state sales licenses in your sales territory.
- Valid state driver’s license required.