Teledyne Relays, located in Hawthorne, CA (a division of Teledyne Technologies, a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange) is a leading provider of Electromechanical Relays, Industrial and Military solid state switches, Coaxial switching products and RF Switch Matrices, Power controllers, Custom hybrids and Active Indium Phosphide RFswitches.
Teledyne Relays provides switching solutions for a technically diverse world, offering quality products designed for wide-ranging applications: aviation, SATCOM, telecommunications, high frequency signal routing, test & measurement equipment, ATE systems, and medical devices. Teledyne Relays offers high-performance products designed to survive the rugged conditions required for oil & gas exploration, industrial control, and military & space applications. With over 50 years of experience as an industry leader, Teledyne Relays has a commitment to innovating new products to support emerging technologies within wireless communication networks, industry-wide automation, and the Internet of Things. The primary manufacturing facilities are located in the United States, Taiwan and France.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne Relays is adding a Western Regional Sales Manager to the Sales and Marketing Department reporting to the Director of Global Marketing and Sales.
- Create and achieve the salesbudget, i.e., bookings, billings and POS for a Western USA region that covers a large area from the Mississippi river to the Pacific
- Work with an internal and external team that includes Manufacturer representatives, regional distributionnetworks, targeting key customers, achieving design win quotes, participate in quarterly reviews with each Manufacturers' Representatives and travel into the territory 50%-75% of the time
- Direct the Field application team to demonstrate the Teledyne relay solution to achieve design wins
- Update and reportsales progress within a Customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Participate in new product definition and reportmarket trends
- Prepare quarterly PowerPoint presentation demonstrating and tracking the regional performance. Bbility to create short term and long term goals to support the changing market conditions pertaining to growth strategies and communicate to senior management if resources are required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical field required. Additional degree in Business is desired
- Minimum 10 years of Technical Field SalesExperience and 5 years of Sales Management experience working with Manufacturers' Representatives and channels of distribution
- Salesexperience must be primarily and predominantly in Electronic Components: Standard products and semicustom, selling into a wide range of markets and OEMs (Commercial, Industrial, Military, Hirel Space, and Aerospace)
- Ability to understand the customer’s technical inquires and respond back, independently or with the support of the FAE team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, be self-disciplined, and plan well to meet the assignment due dates.
- Possess proven leadership skills and must exhibit decisive decision making abilities