This position can be located in New York, New Jersey, Atlanta, Dallas, and San Francisco Bay Area. SUMMARY: The Telecom Sector Sales Manager is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive sales strategy plan to maximize Penguin's opportunities in the Telecom market. We are not looking for people that sell commercial network bandwidth, custom end solutions, large distributed antennae arrays for public venues, etc. We need someone who knows how to sell infrastructure technology and services (servers, storage and networking products) into the telco companies. The main goal of this position is to drive sales of our full suite of Data Center products and services in this target vertical. Products include but are not limited to scale out server platforms, OCP systems, software defined networking, software defined storage, AI/Machine Learning, managed services, professional services and hosting. DUTIES:
- Set and drive territory strategy for the territory team including an inside sales representative and a sales engineer. Includes markets, customer types, technologies and product mix, short, medium and long range planning.
- Own all aspects of territory development and management including but not limited to identifying and closing new accounts, growing existing accounts, customer visits and presentations, capitalizing on the sales aspects of strategic relationships, revenue forecasting.
- Coordinate with Product Management, Core Engineering, Services and Marketing teams to develop the right solutions and marketing strategies for the vertical.
- Coordinate activities (quoting and configuring systems) of regional inside account managers.
- Manage accurate data within systems and use that data to drive territory direction and team behavior for increased growth.
- Capture, understand and report on territory activities to sales management
- Engage and develop regional partner ecosystem
- 50% or more domestic travel
- BS in Business or Engineering
- Minimum 5-8 years sales experience in consultative technical sales in the Telecom market (systems, software and solutions sales preferred)
- Engineering or systems background is a plus
- Demonstrated successful track record selling scale out and targeted IT solutions to the Telecom markets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as consultative sales and negotiating skills are essential.
- A strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Moderate to extensive keyboard activity required. Some lifting (up to 20lbs.) may be required.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and overnight travel