Are you interested in joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies? If so, you have come to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is an $11B Fortune 500 company that offers a rich and storied history dating back to 1843.
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications.
With today's most comprehensive solutions, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
Currently, we are in an accelerated growth phase in a rapidly expanding industry. There’s never been a better time to join our security sales team. We are seeking a motivated, self-driven individual looking for a position as a Regional Sales Manager for our Security Business.
The regional sales manager is responsible for ensuring the success of the marketing plan through sales efforts, developing the sales consultants on his team and maximizing customer satisfaction through his sales team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage sales consultants, ensuring development of sales territory staff, training and development, completion of records and reports, and maximize customer satisfaction through sales team. Coordinate activities of sales consultants to prevent duplication of sales efforts
- Sell and service three to five direct Level A customer accounts
- Participate with Technical Services and Product Information in the development and implementation of product demonstration, training programs, printed materials and other projects
- Maintains files, records, and other sources of competitor activity with respect to new products, promotions, pricing activities, or other marketing programs. Procure competitor products as necessary and forward to Technical Services for review
- Help ensure the success of the marketing plan through sales efforts directed toward dealers, organizations, professional clients, and end users
- Conduct sales meetings and inform the sales force of new developments in product and policies. Advise sales consultants of company sales promotions programs and counsel the sales consultants regarding their follow up in the field.
- Conduct follow-up service calls with accounts to ensure satisfaction with all agreements reached during sales approach.
- Maintain current technical product-related knowledge and general sales techniques and trends. Prepare summaries of important trends for management use.
- Perform other assignments in support of the sales operations as requested by area vice president.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Sales/Marketing
- 1+ years Previous Security Sales experience
- 8+ years of sales experience
- 2+ years of management experience, particularly managing multiple direct reports
- Valid drivers license without restrictions
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Excel
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving with an ability to determine solutions for customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative, a proven sales record and ability to negotiate within standard guidelines
- Ability to generate new business and manage recurring monthly revenue