The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for providing leadership to regional members within an assigned geography. This includes leading the sales efforts of the regional team; resulting in the achievement of sales revenue targets and expense objectives while adhering to CSL Behring Core Values. Development of sales representatives through effective coaching. Works closely with the Senior Director of Field Sales to establish strategic and tactical approaches to the region consistent with corporate plans. Actively participate as a member of the Regional Management team.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Meet regional sales goals by maximizing sales and minimizing expenses. This involves continuously raising expectations of individual and team performance, motivating and support team efforts while adhering to CSL Behring Core Values.
• Oversee the selling efforts in an assigned region by managing regional sales representatives. This
• includes providing feedback, direction and development guidance to team to help others excel in current and future positions.
• Field time expectation is 60% of time in the field, coaching representatives. Follow up field contact reports will be provided to representatives as a feedback mechanism.
• Work closely with the marketing department to support implementation of marketing programs for sales products.
• Allocate regional budgets to support the implementation of marketing programs.
• Make effective day to day decisions required to manage the sales function, including deploying resources, allocating costs, directing sales activities, obtaining and analyzing information to identify key issues and commitment to action after weighing alternative solutions.
• Help secure important customers through high-level customer contacts. Improve customer service and satisfaction through flexibility, innovation, and improvement techniques.
• Coordinates regional activities with other Regional Sales Managers, Sr. Director(s) of Field Sales, Sales Training and Marketing, Medical Affairs and Customer Service.
• Responsible to assure field utilization of CRM system to track and monitor sales activity and results and enhance the region's 360 view of the customer.
• Analyze the marketplace, recommend actions to increase market share, and qualifies new business opportunities.
• Consistently keep the organization's mission, vision, and values at the forefront of regional actions.
• Encouraging and supporting tam efforts to meet challenging goals.
•60% travel required within a large geography.
Education : Graduate degree in Business of Life Sciences or a Bachelors degree with equivalent years'
Experience : Six to eight years of experience, including three of more years of experience in the field.
Prior sales management experience strongly preferred. Hospital sales experience strongly preferred for Specialty sales force roles.