A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
The Mid-South - Regional Sales Manager is responsible for selling Tools, Equipment, Components, and Assembled Solutions by using a wide range of communication methods with agent partners, distributors, and other pertinent parties. The incumbent will manage the development of the assigned region for Southwire Tools, Equipment, Components and Assembled Solutions (TECAS) division. This This individual will be expected to drive our core business and acquisitions ensuring we are attaining the financial plan as well as key objectives set forth. This will be accomplished by focusing on the development of current distribution as well as expanding our distribution footprint within the assigned region.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute sales, recruiting, growth, and expense plans to achieve company goals
- Responsible for KPIs set forth by the TECAS leadership team
- Develop a territory plan which includes key new distributor targets, existing distributor partner sales plans, and marketing strategies to drive sell through
- Establish and maintain key distributor relationships
- Develop and execute strategic plans with agent partners and distributors
- Drive large complex conversions to accelerate growth within the Wholesale Channel and increase market share
- Expand distributor footprint to ensure appropriate coverage for the given market
- Leverage distributor marketing capabilities to continue to drive the Southwire brand within the territory
- Leverage Southwire Programs to drive stocking position of all products within distribution
- Schedule quarterly meetings with key distributor partners to review progress and create fap plans where needed
- Schedule quarterly agent review meetings to review territory progress and ensure the plan and strategies are being executed
- Manage agency network to ensure plans are aligned and proper account coverage is achieved
- Manage key shows and events within the territory
- Provide training to distributor partners to ensure product knowledge is attained by all necessary parties
- Collaborate with the Contractor Equipment Specialists to ensure we are pulling the end user sales through distribution
- Work with customer service to handle customer needs
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field, preferably in management, finance, marketing, engineering.
- At least five (5) or more years of proven sales leadership experience with progressive managerial responsibilities.
- Position requires strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must be able to perform with a high degree of accuracy and manage multiple tasks, with tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite programs, such as PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Minimum of 50% travel is required.
Benefits We Offer:
- 401k Matching
- Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Identity Theft Plans
- Retirement & Pension Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Parental Leave
- & More