Increase Distribution of Product Lines
- Manages Smithfield’s Broker relationships to increase distribution of product lines.
- Trains and monitors the sales activities of Broker representatives to ensure consistency in selling products.
- Plans for regional sales and assists with sales proposal developments, sales presentations and sales calls.
- Provides sales training to Brokers on new and existing products for sales presentations.
- Directs broker team thru meeting attendance and works within market to drive company initiatives in store.
Maintain and Increase Sales
- Meets directly with customers and key decision makers to maintain and increase sales of Smithfield products.
- Develops and makes formal presentations and/or proposals.
- Provides samples and may demonstrate the use of specific items as part of the sales process.
- Determines and drives execution of key programs based on regions’ needs and requirements (sales incentives, account specific marketing programs, etc.).
- Implements and executes Smithfield sales plans to promote product lines.
- Customizes plans to meet the local and regional marketing cultures.
- Assists sales and brokers in developing and executing sales promotions of products.
- Utilizes syndicated data and all resources to drive sales plans.
Meet Sales Objectives
- Maintains coordination with integral company functions to ensure sales objectives are met.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 7+ years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Must understand the dynamics of the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Must have a solid understanding of customer focused and fact based selling, including IRI, Neilsen and Perishable Group data.
- Understanding of product cuttings – comfort and knowledge of product attributes.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Knowledge and experience with Apple software, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- SAP experience, preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- May travel up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.