The Regional Sales Manager candidate will work within Georgia and Florida region and will be expected to develop both new and existing opportunities. In this role you are responsible for selling the company's driver improvement fleet management solutions to existing and new accounts within a defined geographic territory. The ideal candidate will utilize their professional sales skill set and leverage proven sales processes to allow them to exceed assigned revenue quotas and targets as well as demonstrate a best in class capability to forecast accurately.
- Sell SmartDrive solutions and services to companies in the commercial fleet industry
- Develop and implement territory plan to maximize exposure and opportunities
- Develop new and existing opportunities within an assigned territory
- Provide accurate regular forecast information to upper management relative to each opportunity
- Forecast sales opportunities in Salesforce following the SmartDrive sales process
- Manage any and all activities and opportunities in assigned territory within Salesforce
- Create and maintain Strategic Account Management Plans for specific high profile opportunities
- Clearly demonstrate and articulate to potential customers what the best SmartDrive solution is based upon their needs
- Consistently over-achieve quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Perform as a team player and demonstrate an ability to be adaptable and flexible in a rapidly growing company and ever changing marketplace
- Local, regional and national trade show support
- Overnight and occasional weekend travel may be required
- Possess the core competencies and behaviors of a senior level regional sales manager including: identifying customer needs, articulating our service offerings and capabilities, closing sales, and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, business, marketing, economics or related discipline; Masters/MBApreferred
- 5 - 10 years complex sales experience, preferably offering services and solutions to transportation and logistics, oil and gas and other commercial fleet operations
- Proven ability to manage a new business development sales cycle and developing a solid pipeline
- Proven/quantifiable track record of over-achievement and consistently exceeding sales goals
- Motivated, self-starter with C Level selling experience and contacts across multiple vertical markets within the commercial fleet industries
- Metrics driven; highly disciplined self-organization, process and orientation
- Team selling experience
- Effective selling style both in person and via webinar
- Solid sales skills including persuasion, strategic forecasting, complex negotiation and closing skills, relationship management, the ability to overcome objections, and dexterity in thinking and reacting on your feet
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce (or other CRM system) to manage contacts, track sales process and pipeline, perform account planning, create contact database and generate performance reports.
- Project management experience.