Sales Manager - Northeastern US
Scope of the Position:
The Digital Grid Solution Sales Account Manager will establish and lead the sales initiatives to grow the business with new client acquisition and existing client wallet expansion for smart grid solutions, systems and products sold to utilities, large industrial and public sector clients as specified in their Territory Agreement. This role is responsible for delivering on a quarterly basis bookings number across the portfolio of products and services contained within Energy Management Division, business units including but not limited to: Energy Automation, Services, Building Technologies, Industrial Solutions, Industrial Automation, Medium Voltage as well as third-party technologies and services to create best-in-class Smart Grid solutions.
• Organize and lead virtual teams across multiple Digital Grid product lines to respond to a customer requests for complex system solutions
• Collaborate and communicate with Sales teams in Siemens Industry, Energy, and the Technical Business Development Managers in Smart Grid Business Units to open sales channels and increase sales
• Develop and execute the strategic plan of operations for bookings and present the sales pipeline and forecast to executive management
• Develop specific territory and opportunity plans, critical to success in this role
• Proven ability to converse at the “C” level customer contacts
• Attend industry trade shows, prepare customer presentations, and proficiently demonstrate complex software solutions to clients.
Qualifications & Expectations:
• 8+ years of business experience with responsibilities for sales to regulated utilities.
• Proven track record of account management, including accurate sales forecast, sales process management, and successful attainment of quota in a complex sales environment across multiple product lines.
• Demonstrated experience with diverse sales channels - direct, indirect, and diverse sales processes - product and software solution sales in large matrix organizations.
• Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skills, sense of accountability, and have the ability to work though others is required. Possess persuasive presentation and effective communication skills--both verbal and written.
• Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time.
Engineering Degree required, additional Masters in Business Administration is preferred. Other degreed programs maybe accepted with at least 5 years of solution sales experience within the industry.
*The Account Manager can live anywhere within the region - does not have to reside in the city listed on the posting
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Requisition Number: 223377