Regional Sales Manager - Semiconductors
We are currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager for a large global company that develops and manufacturers sensors and switches for various consumer and commercial applications. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for Sales and Margin in the region, while develop and motivated a successful sales team to achieve their quota and objectives. The role will require the maintenance of existing accounts and a targeted and driven focus of new customer acquisitions across the given region. The role will involve travel and carry aggressive sales targets and quarterly objectives.
This position will only suit a focused and strong sales leader who can prove a successful sales background managing people and customers within the Sensing or Semiconductor industries.
**This role is located in Atlanta, relocation assistance is available.
Prospecting, Market Development, and Planning (30%)
- Development and execution of multi-year revenue and sales excellence strategy to meet business objectives
- Ensure sales model implementation through segment strategy and clear roles & responsibilities
- Engage deeply with regional customers to understand their needs, deliver outstanding service, and build/ nurture long term relationships; be “face” of the organization to key customers and in the industry
- Support and drive relationship with distribution partners through engagement with Director of Channels
- Interact with marketing and other functions in the organization to leverage full scope of organizational capabilities to deliver outstanding service to customers
- Participate actively and jointly own new product development and roadmap/ portfolio discussions to provide customer/ industry perspective and voice of sales to important investment and portfolio decisions
· Recruit, train and manage direct reports
· Support team (Vertical Sales Leaders) in developing and executing strategy to drive revenue and growth
· Coordinate with Packaged Products and Electronic Sensors LOB’s to ensure Sales is delivering on agreed upon goals
Customer-Facing Account Development and Closing (30%)
· Manage direct reports to ensure Sales targets are met
· Meet with customers as needed to support relationship and / or co-selling objectives
· Define and execute regional development plan to grow your local business and drive key development activities for new accounts and new products.
Contracting, Forecasting, Dealing with Implementation Issues, & Customer Service (20%)
· Ensure contractual set-up with new OEMs, as necessary. Manage NDA process
· Provide weekly FCST for the region
· Manage contract pricing and new pricing requests from local OEMs and local Distributors
SFCD, Training, Other Misc. (20%)
· Manage NBO pipeline in SFDC for local OEMs and Distributors on weekly basis and make sure that all sales activities are documented (# of visits, opportunity activities, closing dates, pricing, volumes,…)
· Establish Train/support program for local OEMs and local distributors to drive business growth/share
· Understand local competitive landscape and report back to Product Marketing
· Close alignment with internal functional organization like Order Management, Quality and Product marketing to ensure first class support to our customers
· Bachelor’s degreeEngineering, Electronics, Physics, or other related technical field.
· 10+ years field salesexperience in a technical or electronic environment.
· 4+ years in a management role
· Excellent (written & verbal) communication, as well as the ability to work effectively across all functions and collaborate to achieve company goals and objectives
· Strong management ability
· Strong relationship-building & influencing skills – effective engagement and credibility with multiple stakeholders including executives, senior customers, industry leaders, and team members
· Ability to conduct financial and strategic planning with Vertical Leaders and LOB’s
· Ability to identify training needs and facilitate technical and sales training with Sales teams
· Ability to identify optimal go-to-market strategy among various approaches
· Keen understanding of company products, markets, and applications
· Proven outside sales track record
· Ability to leverage internal and external resources (AE’s, Channels, Inside roles) to meet sales goals
· Detail oriented and organized
· Willingness to travel 75%