Our heritage is driven by our commitment to the core values of People, Quality and Growth; our employees demonstrate, promote and exemplify our core values.
At C.H. Guenther and our subsidiaries we demonstrate high integrity, a commitment to excellence, and a positive attitude in all that we do. We are results driven, lead by example, communicate openly and honestly, value diversity and foster long-term relationships.
Manages the assigned customers and broker personnel, to achieve sales revenue, distribution, brand and trade spend objectives with strategic planning, implementation and execution in the region. Desirable location base is Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Missouri or Wisconsin.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages sales area coordinating Customer HQ calls with the major chains, wholesaler's, and retail consortium's in assigned markets to achieve sales revenue and volume goals.
- Engages in managing and developing brokers which includes brand education, objective setting, trade promotion planning, tracking, measuring and evaluating.
- Ensure brokers are executing and achieving sales revenue goal, distribution objectives, shelving standards, merchandising and pricing initiatives supporting customer/market strategies.
- Responsible for management, expansion and new development of CHG product portfolio with assigned customers, operators or other business entities.
- Management of customer contacts by presenting business reviews, promotional planning, distribution opportunities and communicating via telephone, email or in person.
- Participation in customer RFP bids for Private Brand business.
- Adhere to trade spending guidelines while maximizing promotional effectiveness.
- Completes sales administration tasks by compiling various head quarter and retail reports that include communicating updates on broker and customer activities, deduction management and sales forecasting.
- Performs other duties by traveling the region completing store audits and implementing action plans with brokers and customers
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Work requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field Knowledge is normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- Minimum five years of consumer packaged goods sales experience in retail grocery industry required
- Account level selling experience in grocery channel with chain, wholesaler/distributor, club and dollar store formats
- Customer Private Brand development including experience with participation in RFP bids, management of retail consortiums and Private Label Manufacturer Association (PLMA)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, negotiating and presentation skills
- Experience in successfully managing brokers and achieving sales goals
- Trade promotion management and market planning experience
- Ability to prioritize projects and manage multiple tasks often with competing deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively both internal and external with diverse groups of associates and customers ranging from entry level to executive level positions.
- Excellent customer relations developmental skills
- Knowledge and expertise in understanding and analyzing syndicated data of IRI or AC Nielsen.
- Computer skills proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel extensively by automobile and air as needed.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Moderate physical effort required such as standing, sitting, and walking, the ability to lift up to 50 pounds; reaching, climbing, and kneeling as needed; utilizing fine dexterity, the ability to see, hear, and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
- Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company's Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefit programs that include medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K savings plan, and more.